Obtaining an Indiana title for an old motorcycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at buying a 1998 Kawasaki KE100 enduro for about $450 with a missing title. The guy who is selling it only uses it off-road road so he doesn't register it. I would like to use it as a registered street motorcycle. I'm not completely sure how big of a deal it would be or how much it would cost to make it street legal again.

It doesn't look like too much paperwork or cost. And if I'm not able to get a title I can sell it for close to what I pay for it.

Originally Posted By: TylerL
1998 Kawasaki KE100
OT: my first bike my dad bought me was a 1977 KD100. This was the off road version of the KE. They have not changed much at all! Gutless as all get out but very dependable. I was only 9 and used to put 10w40 in the oil tank and that bike would run today if I cleaned the carb up.

Kawasaki made basically the same bike for over 25years. 11hp isn't much but it's more than my 3hp moped and has over twice the gears.

If your VIN says it has all the lights and street legal stuff you can get insurance, which presumably you need. Otherwise you might have an issue.

Maine never titles bikes under 300cc, so if you get up dung creek, you could use a service like Broadway title that will get you a registration that doubles as proof of ownership and eventually transfers into a title in your state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back