Pennzoil Synthetic with Pennzane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for providing this information. I love seeing older bottles of oil from the recent past.
smile.gif

Yes, it's a very old oil from Pennzoil. Was there a lot of it on the shelves? I haven't seen Pennzane in many years. And sitting on the shelf a W*M today, it'd be over priced.

On the link you provided where is say "Buy It Here", Pennzoil Platunum is what comes up. So, Pennzane isn't even formulated any longer to say the least.

If you can buy it cheap(really cheap) it'd be a good oil for, Oh I don't know, maybe topping off or using in small equipment!

Should you happen to go back to W*M and see the Pennzane again, look to see if there is a date on the bottle.

Last edited:
Yes it's fine but if it is actually a 10W-30 grade I wouldn't buy it for winter use in Alaska unless they were virtually giving it away. Okay for summer use in a pinch, or topping up or in your lawnmower.

I used this oil quite a bit in my 2000 Tundra V-8. I liked it until ML synthetic and the PP came out. The only downside was when I had the bank #1 valve cover off at around 140K miles. The valve train was covered in varnish and early sludging. This could have been due to inattention to PCV valve maintenance though. I did a couple of ARX treatments and then switched to LE 8130 HDEO. I had the bank #2 valve cover off 2 weeks ago (195K miles) and everything looks pretty good in there now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back