Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Warstud
To many bulls out there...time for a good selloff.

I agree.

Pablo's ready too.
grin.gif

Standard & Poor’s credit analysts said Saturday that Euro-zone policy makers have failed to address the “broadening and deepening” financial crisis the region now faces, leading the agency to issue long-term downgrades on nine countries, including Cyprus, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Austria, France, Malta, Slovakia and Slovenia.

i'm hoping i'll have a little extra play money in a month or so so i can get in on this selloff
cool.gif

this eurozone stuff is pretty annoying though. i kinda wish the volatility would end so i could at least know which direction the market was headed

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Standard & Poor’s credit analysts said Saturday that Euro-zone policy makers have failed to address the “broadening and deepening” financial crisis the region now faces, leading the agency to issue long-term downgrades on nine countries, including Cyprus, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Austria, France, Malta, Slovakia and Slovenia.

Really? France aside, how do any of these really play into the big picture?

OK, Austria is the equivalent of Massacheusetts, but Slovenia? Really? Rhode Island? LOL. Greece is less than Washington state. Italy would be like loosing California. A big deal, but the world over? Malta is 1/4 of our smallest output state, VT. Do broad markets need to crash by percentage points over Malta?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_between_U.S._states_and_countries_by_GDP_%28nominal%29

Its all to sell news, IMO.

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
Was Lehman Bros smaller than these Eurozone countries?

Wash Lehman Bros really worth nothing? Are all these "junk" mortgages really backed by properties that are only worth pennies on the dollar? Last I checked, at worst, things dropped 50% in most of the worst places, FAR less in some like by me... I didnt see anyplace that dropped 97%...

I heard the "good news" on existing housing sales. There were more. The prices just keep falling.

I'm sure that people looking to buy a home are happy with that, unless they think that waiting can get them a better price.

The FED won't raise interest rates above zero for two years. They feel the economy is going pretty good. The zero interest rates have done wonders in the past two , three years.

If I had to guess, China's going to be importing some of our inflation. That is, until China's no longer the low cost producer.

We live in interesting times.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Wash Lehman Bros really worth nothing? Are all these "junk" mortgages really backed by properties that are only worth pennies on the dollar? Last I checked, at worst, things dropped 50% in most of the worst places, FAR less in some like by me... I didnt see anyplace that dropped 97%...
Well, Greek debt is worth 50 cents on the dollar at best. MF Global and its Ex NJ Governor thought it was worth a lot more.

It's a big world out there. Most people are confident that they will be able to eat tomorrow as they were able to eat today.

It doesn't always work out that way.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Well, Greek debt is worth 50 cents on the dollar at best. MF Global and its Ex NJ Governor thought it was worth a lot more.

It's a big world out there. Most people are confident that they will be able to eat tomorrow as they were able to eat today.

It doesn't always work out that way.

That's because ZERO collateral Greek debt has a chance of defaulting. 50c/dollar gives the opportunity for higher risk/reward so it can be sold. Different situation.

Is an actual residence worth 10c/dollar because the mortgage "might" default? Last I checked there still is property backing it.

That's why this whole mortgage thing was an orchestrated attempt to reshuffle wealth that the baby boomers had accumulated from both property and securities. Shift money into "safe" unbacked treasuries backed by the House of Rothschild. Yep, that's a great plan... For a few.

I just think the housing bubble was another bubble. Not much different from the tech bubble, not much different from the easy money bubble that's occuring today.

Was it orchestrated? Yes.

Today's bubble is orchestrated today as well with artificially low interest rates. It makes politicians look good.

VRNG just doubled in the past few days. Now, announced apps with Facebook, looking for it to go much higher.

Just bought a bunch of GTMM, they make buttkickers.

My Vringo, Video Ringtones & Facetones to go along with Facebook, is up 40% today should go much higher, IMHO...

I saw that. FTR has popped from my buy point. Interesting that the market went into an even wider rally. (which I guaranteed) Who is jumping on? Plenty of cash out there. When will the bad news and skittishness start?

Originally Posted By: Pablo
When will the bad news and skittishness start?

That's what I'm wondering. Maybe were in a new bull market where the market gets extremely overbought.

Took a tidy profit selling 1/2 stake of VRNG. Will let the rest run.

Still contemplating FTR.

I bought lots more GTMM today also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back