What is the best oil for my truck Ford F150 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new to this forum, in fact, is my first post, I think this forum does not have a search engine, so I make this question, which has done much but I have no response yet that satisfies my concerns, there is: What kind of motor oil should I use on a truck Ford F150, FX4, 2007, 5.4 L, 3V? . Many speak of Motorcraft 5W20, but I've read experiences in various forums and publications that it is better to go to a 5W30, 5W40 and even to what is the reality of this matter. I live in Venezuela and the ambient temperature is an average of 22 to 24 degrees Celsius throughout the year, ie on the day we have 34 degrees and 22 degrees Celsius at night. Thanks in advance.

Motorcraft is a good oil. Your 5.4 won't notice a difference unless your towing a lot. If your towing I'd use 5w-30, in not 5-20 is fine.

I honestly didn't know that you could buy anything but Citgo/PDV in Venezuela.
21.gif
Bad assumption on my part based on trips to Mexico where all the gas seemed like it was state run Pemex.

Yeah, if you can get Motorcraft, it will serve you well. Good stuff.

Originally Posted By: Leonardo_Agueci
Hi, I'm new to this forum, in fact, is my first post, I think this forum does not have a search engine, so I make this question, which has done much but I have no response yet that satisfies my concerns, there is: What kind of motor oil should I use on a truck Ford F150, FX4, 2007, 5.4 L, 3V? . Many speak of Motorcraft 5W20, but I've read experiences in various forums and publications that it is better to go to a 5W30, 5W40 and even to what is the reality of this matter. I live in Venezuela and the ambient temperature is an average of 22 to 24 degrees Celsius throughout the year, ie on the day we have 34 degrees and 22 degrees Celsius at night. Thanks in advance.

I also have a 2007 5.4L 3 valve. Here in the United states it is recommended for 5w20. What is the recommended oil in your owners manual since it isn't in the US? Due to some issues with the cam phasers, many have switched to a 5w30 or greater like you have mentioned. I just went with PU 5w30 in my truck. I'd find whatever good 5w30 you can locally.

Welcom to the site!
welcome2.gif

Your gas fueled engine will do well with any "normal" conventional, semi-syn, or full sun oil meeting Ford's specs in the owner's manual.

AS this is a gas fueled vehicle, I'm going to move this to the PCMO forum.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Leonardo_Agueci

Ford South America recommends 5w-30 for the F150 5.4L 3v (Owners Manual), unless 5w-20 is available then Ford says go with the 5w-20.

"Se recomienda el uso de aceite del motor Motorcraft SAE 5W-30 o un equivalente que cumpla con la especificación WSS-M2C929-A de Ford."

"El aceite del motor SAE 5W-20 proporciona un rendimiento óptimo en cuanto a economía y durabilidad de combustible que cumple con todas las necesidades del motor de su vehículo. Según su disponibilidad, puede usarse aceite del motor Motorcraft SAE 5W-20 o un equivalente que cumpla con la especificación WSS-M2C930-A de Ford."

Thank you for your valuable comments, Venezuela Motorcraft 5W20 is achieved, but, like everything in this country, where there are no guarantees to buy a certified product, stop using it, I'm, at this time with Motul 5W40, 5W30 Motul previously but it is very difficult to achieve. With Castrol the problem I had is that it evaporates very quickly, I recently installed a hose into the other hose that connects the PCV valve and am very satisfied, I have traveled almost 4000 miles, and has not eaten anything the oil. My truck has 134,000 miles traveled, this month be installing a Whipple supercharger, and there arises the concern, whether to continue with 5W30 or 5W40. Here you can get Valvoline and Shell, are like 20% cheaper than the Motul but, overall, the supply of products is very small; to decide how I will try to correct some of them. I use full synthetic always, and I continue on this path, and change it every 5000 or 6000 Kilometers maximum, if Motorcraft filter.

Leonardo: I see no harm in 5W30 in a warm climate, especially if it's so much easier to obtain. If you go to a supercharger, a thicker oil might be even more justified. Don't most of those conversion disable the VCT (Variable Cam Timing)? If so, then 5W40 would not be out of bounds for a supercharged engine in a warm climate, though I think a robust 10W30 would probably be suitable as well. If you can find a Shell Rotella 10W30 dual rated oil (CI-4/SM or CJ-4/SM, either Triple Protection or the T5 semi synthetic) you would find them a robust oil for a supercharged engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back