10W30 supertech synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
is this a good oil? a friend of mine wants to run it in his '04 titan, 69,000 miles. he uses to tow a fifth wheel camper with his truck, but now he has an F-250 so he only uses this truck for very short trips to and from work. 10 miles round trip. i was thinking synthetic would hold up better to fuel dilution, and the 10W30 would be less prone to viscosity shearing. would change it every 3-4k with a P1 filter.

This oil should be fine for a 3-4K (even 5-6K) OCI.
PYB, QSGB, VWB, M5 etc....would work just as well IMO.

QSUD is only $0.30 more for a 5qt jug, it has dexos and hto-6 certifications which super tech does not. That's what I'd use.

With his driving pattern, fuel dilution and condensation are going to be his enemies. Synthetic won't help. His best bet is PYB for it's robust additive package and 3000 mile OCIs.

Originally Posted By: volk06
QSUD is only $0.30 more for a 5qt jug, it has dexos and hto-6 certifications which super tech does not. That's what I'd use.

Now THIS makes sense!

You're gonna get all sorts of comments
wink.gif
But for short trips, and 3-4K OCIs, yes he will be good to go.....

Originally Posted By: Norm Olt
Originally Posted By: volk06

Now THIS makes sense!

+1

Originally Posted By: mobilaltima
is 10W30 chevron supreme good? is it a thin 30 wt like i hear the 5W30 is?

Yes, the 10w30 is thin too, almost a 5w30 in fact. Almost. But very good oil none the less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back