Torch F6TC replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be a better replacement for a Torch F6TC spark plug? Local options are Autolite or Champion not to sure about NGK.

Alright thanks for sharing your experience.
thumbsup2.gif

I ended up having to get an autolite as that's was the only thing available and I wasn't wanting to waistband couple days for justca plug. The motor seems to be running better. On a side note O'Reillys gave me the wrong plug they said the BP6ES crossed to a B6HS, wrong, they both have different thread length and diameter. FAIL, I'm going to be a Napa guy from here on out!

I agree but I wasn't going to waste a free day off over a spark plug, I have an autolite in my Husqvarna mower and its running on its third season no problems.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Many autolite plugs are made in china now. Imo they are not much better than the torch you took out.

Mine said made and printed in USA!

Obviously the OP already replaced the plug but I too would have got NGK. Autolite before Champion however so seeing as he could not, or wouldn't wait, for an NGK he made the right choice IMO.

Those Torch plugs flat out are JUNK. Actually worse than a Champion. God giving Champion plugs ANY credit is hard for me to do, Makes me want to
37.gif

My Generator and my snow blower both came with junk Torch plugs OEM. The snowblower would barely start and ran like [censored] and the generator wouldn't even stay running( barely fired )until I changed plugs.

How could a spark plug be that bad? All it does is take voltage to a gap where it jumps to ground. No moving parts and regular spark plugs have been made over 100 years.

Should be easy enough for Torch to copy a plug and have it work acceptably.

It's all about the quality control in various production phase and also the materials used (remember: the ceramic insulation materials is mainly alu oxide).

Also: the biggest challenges in producing high-quality, consistent performing spark plug is the ceramic to metal body sealing part. This is the challenge that separates from the cheep stuff and the good stuff (like NGK, Bosch, etc.)

Q.

I too like NGK or Denso plugs best, but I've had cheap Champions and Autolites perform flawlessly for decades on small OPE. I've had the bubble gum and paper mache Chinese plugs work fine too. As soon as they start acting up, swap it out with a known brand. Why throw out something that works?

There's no need for a $8 spark plug in most applications.

Joel

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JTK
I too like NGK or Denso plugs best, but I've had cheap Champions and Autolites perform flawlessly for decades on small OPE. I've had the bubble gum and paper mache Chinese plugs work fine too. As soon as they start acting up, swap it out with a known brand. Why throw out something that works?

There's no need for a $8 spark plug in most applications.

Joel

Yep, $1.81 out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back