TCW3 OIL in gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and does anyone here use the TCW3 oil in their gas? I thought I read here that a couple of folks use it when they fill up. Maybe wrong, but I thought when I researched it, it is good for lubrication with all the ethanol concentration now in gasoline. My uncle told me this morning that he uses about 4-6 ounces at each fill up.

thanks in advance

adam

Dude, don`t bring that up; its a real sore point around here..Do an archive search and you will see what I mean..

18.gif

Last edited:
Civic. There is a thread on this very subject. It's titled an upper cylinder lube or something. And civic,start a thread on anything you haven't been able to find an answer for AFTER you have done a search.
Bluestreak really shouldn't be policing you however he may be trying to save you some grief. Most topics have been touched on at some point in this forum. Try a little research first. You will save yourself alot of time because the answers are already there.
Guys here are more than happy to help however they get irritated when they answer the same question 20 times. They just end up not answering anymore and you lose out on valuable info. Use the search function.

To answer your question. Some guys have found that adding it does help,whether with fuel economy or a reduction in wear. I would suggest try 1 ounce per gallon. Then test. Then try a bit less and test again. What you are trying to do is use the least amount of additive to achieve the most amount of gain. So give er a shot. Maybe use this thread as your starting point. And update it with your results so when someone does a search the answers will already be here.
To make the test viable you have to keep your driving habits consistent. That means no jack rabbit starts and stops. Easy on the pedal. You also have to note warm up time idling and wind direction as well as speed. Include all these variables in your notes so you can make an educated report on your findings.
Good luck

1 ounce per gallon is way too much.

try 1oz/5gallon

or max 2oz/5gal

to start.

Reactions: a5m
Originally Posted By: Rand

try 1oz/5gallon

or max 2oz/5gal

to start.

Perfect. Someone with some experience. I am going to try this out too

Thanks to you Clevy and Rand for the info. Dont know if I will try it or not. Both the Civic and the g.f. Civic and the Corolla run good.

ADAM

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Originally Posted By: Rand

try 1oz/5gallon

or max 2oz/5gal

to start.

Perfect. Someone with some experience. I am going to try this out too

Do not go over 1 ounce / 5 gallons, IMO.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Civic. There is a thread on this very subject. It's titled an upper cylinder lube or something. And civic,start a thread on anything you haven't been able to find an answer for AFTER you have done a search.
Bluestreak really shouldn't be policing you however he may be trying to save you some grief. Most topics have been touched on at some point in this forum. Try a little research first. You will save yourself alot of time because the answers are already there.
Guys here are more than happy to help however they get irritated when they answer the same question 20 times. They just end up not answering anymore and you lose out on valuable info. Use the search function.

Chevy, thanks for the advice, and maybe you should not lecture Civic about the search function before posting.

Anyways Civic if you want to know about TCW3 in fuel, you can get it right from the guy who started it all. Self proclaimed Tribologist "Sarge" (Grand Imperial Wizard)

Been Testing

Hey Bluestream. I didn't ask the question. I wasnt lecturing him ether. I was trying to save him some trouble with guys like yourself. I wasn't searching. I suggested a starting point. Maybe you should not lecture him about beat to death topics. Another **** tracy on ignore.

Thank you both for the info and Clevy I sent ya something bout "oil". I hope both of you guys understand I learned some valuable things tonight so "thank you" to both of you guys.

Adam

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Anyways Civic if you want to know about TCW3 in fuel, you can get it right from the guy who started it all. Self proclaimed Tribologist "Sarge" (Grand Imperial Wizard)

Been Testing

WOW, I cannot believe that was on the old, original, LS1.com.

I have not been on there in AGES!!!

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

Been Testing

WOW, I cannot believe that was on the old, original, LS1.com.

I have not been on there in AGES!!!

Yea, hard to believe the following that this guy has. I now know why people get involved with cults. Leader makes outrageous claims, and people want to believe so bad that they follow and defend the leader against all opposition.

The claims he makes are just so preposterous. Claims 5% increased fuel economy is possible??? Don't get me going, I'll me here all night...

02.gif

Last edited:

The claims he makes are just so preposterous. Claims 5% increased fuel economy is possible??? Don't get me going, I'll me here all night...

I did my experiments based on these very claims and saw zero MPG gain in modern efficient cars. I liked the change in noise and less vibrations though. Maybe subjective. I can see there could be a minor MPG difference in old tired cars.

People always bash those for not seaching first, but honestly, the site's search option is terrible. I didn't know how to Google search the site until recently. For those who don't know, Google search:
site:bobistheoilguy.com your topic here

Reactions: a5m
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back