Dropping Trans Pan 07 Honda Accord 2.4 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody here do it? I`m approaching 100 thousand miles and would like to drop and clean the pan. Any advice on how difficult it is or what sealant to use would be appreciated!

Thanks

Jerry

No pan to remove on the 07 Accord transmissions, but it has a drain plug which makes it real easy to do. You may want to do several drain and refills if it has never been serviced before. it will take about 3 quarts each time.

When you remove the drain plug there is a magnet on the end of it which will be filled with filings. I've seen some guys on youtube show you how to flush the tranny, but on my 97 Civic and 94 Accord I never went that far. Just do a few drain and fills with the next two oil changes (3K to 5K apart) and you will be ok.

You may need to replace the crush washer that is on the drain plug. It is removed with a 3/8 inch rachet head.

LOL, well that settles that! Thanks for the heads up guys. I`ve already replaced the stock trans filter with a magnafine. Will be doing drain and refills and filter changes every other oil change instead of a "pan drop".

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back