Mopar

Status
Not open for further replies.
After I had the oil drained, I realized my Boscr D+ filter was missing. Probably hiding in my house with those darn unmatched single socks. My backup was a Mopar. (Jeep 4.0L). Do I go the 7500 OCI with PU or change the filter out?

It's a slightly upgraded Purolator Classic, and should be fine for a 7,500 mile OCI given reasonable use. I say "slightly upgraded" because it doesn't have Purolator's typical dome-end bypass valve, but a rather nice coil spring bypass valve on the thread side. I don't know if there are any media differences. It's a decent filter, and one I used to use when I had Chrysler vehicles.

So if my plan is 7500 OCI, which means they could get to say 8K if I could not get to it, is the Bosch D+ overkill and Mopar is right for the 7500 OCI? Oil is PU.

Personally, I think the D+ is overkill for about any application. A P1 would be just fine for regular use I would think. If you're nervous about it, just change the Mopar oil filter half-way through the OCI, say at the 4k mark. Put a Purolator Classic oil filter on it (or Motorcraft, Wix, etc) and run it to 8k. You won't be out much...whatever the oil filter costs and a quart of PU to make up what you lost with the filter change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back