Stanley Fat Max Junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks i will check that out. I have noticed that over the past few years whenever Stanley came out with something really good it disappeared only to show up later with the Proto brand on it.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Thanks i will check that out. I have noticed that over the past few years whenever Stanley came out with something really good it disappeared only to show up later with the Proto brand on it.

It's what America now does.
We think of a product to sell.
We build a plant to mass produce it.
We tear down the plant, box it up, and ship it over seas.
Someone else gets the job manufacturing it.

Rinse and repeat a 1000+ times.

kolbalt tools at lowes are still priced the same as when made in usa. same goes for china made tires

Stanley used to be big into security systems about 10+ years ago. To me, they just disappeared one night and I just started back seeing them 3-4 years ago.

Their hammers are popular at some home improvement stores. I own two stanleys. A tape measure that sticks as soon as you open it, but the release lets it go...just the opposite of most others. I liked the one I bought my Dad alot so I got it for myself.

Back in 2010 I hit up Black Friday at Walmart and got the socket set. Its not the smoothest feeling ratchet but it works and all the sockets are 6pt. Just changed the topend on a dirtbike with it. Good set.

I get hit with the cheap syndrome sometimes. Usually I'm new to something and I don't know what it is I want so I go cheap and use it a while and then know what to look for. Like, I just got a stethoscope for real cheap on Amazon. Used it a bit and learned about the sound. Can't hear too well with it. Now I have a 3M littman on order. Kind of wished I could just get it right to begin with, but what I'm doing works. Or, you could just buy an expensive product and hope it is good-trusting the whole 'you get what you pay for' motto.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Have you guys visited your local industrial supply? Those black PROTO adjustables are pretty sharp looking.

I have had a set of the black Proto "Clik-Stop" adjustable wrenches for about 5 years now. The have held up perfectly under daily industrial use. Very nice as they don't back off like most adjustables.

I only have the SAE set for now but I'm going to pick up the metric set soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back