Super Tech Anti Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Ursae_Majoris
Originally Posted By: mechanicx
I'm just not completely sold on 2EHA as the OAT to use though.

Unless you like chocolate milkshake in your engines.

Well this doesn't seem to ever really happen much on cooling systems with a pressurized reservoir. My only question with Dexcool is how much of a plasticizer and gasket eater is it.It doesn't seem to deterioate all gaskets but how can you be sure it's not deterioating the ones in your engine?

Originally Posted By: Ursae_Majoris
I'm just not completely sold on 2EHA as the OAT to use though.

Unless you like chocolate milkshake in your engines.

Well this doesn't seem to ever really happen much on cooling systems with a pressurized reservoir.

True, I am concerned about the AM/AM Dexcool clones used in vehicles not designed for it. Both of my vehicles have unpressurized overflow bottles, on one of them cap pops off very easily, unless it is seated just right. I can see where someone would use a 2-EHA coolant in it and end up sludging the cooling system.

Last edited:
I don't trust Dexcool and dexclones in a pressure cap on radiator system either. You might get away with it, but there's too many things that can go wrong and it's too easy for air to get into those systems.

I've run dexcool on my LS1 for about 8 years. The radiator is perfectly clean. The non pressurized overflow bottle was full of mud though.

Originally Posted By: Coolant_Man
I wouldn't run Super Tech oil in my vehicles so I won't use their coolant either which IS green Deathcool (chemically identical other than dye color). G-05 is an EXCELLENT Deathcool replacement AFTER a thorough DISTILLED WATER flush.

I take this back. I am now using Super Tech coolant in quite a few vehicles. So far so good.

I have said this many times, after doing a full flush(if never done), just do a radiator drain and fill every two years. This will keep your coolant system clean and working well. I use whatever is recommended by the manufacturer and my cars are running very clean with no issues... Even the overflow bottles are staying clean.

The key is doing more then what is recommended by the manufacturers when the car/truck is new. People tend to forget about the coolant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back