Bosch oil filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just was at my local parts store for a oil filter.They have all the big brand filters but Bosch seams to be the best bang for the buck!Is this true?

Originally Posted By: bob4558
I just was at my local parts store for a oil filter.They have all the big brand filters but Bosch seams to be the best bang for the buck!Is this true?

Yes....the Bosch Preminum (a clone of the Purolator PureOne)

Originally Posted By: Donald
Go for the D+

If your going for long OCI's....then go for the D+

Shorter OCI's (7,500 or under)...the Preminum will be sufficient. Why waste $$ on a D+....if you don't need it.

This question comes up a lot. I like the Bosch filters and have been using them for over 2 years now. I use the regular black one's but as soon as I see the Distance+ one's on the shelves near me I may try them. But, if they cost more than $7 or $8 bucks, I'll just stick with the regular one's.

Bosch is on the list of filters that I don't thumb my nose at. Although you'll find Hastings most of the time on my vehicles, I would be willing to use a Bosch without concern.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
This question comes up a lot. I like the Bosch filters and have been using them for over 2 years now. I use the regular black one's but as soon as I see the Distance+ one's on the shelves near me I may try them. But, if they cost more than $7 or $8 bucks, I'll just stick with the regular one's.

They D+ are $11.64 at Walymart in NY. So I doubt you will find them for $7.00 unless on a good sale.

The D+ is a high end filter priced accordingly.
There was a nice rebate promotion over the summer, and you could buy the filers from AAP using their online discount codes.
Combine the two and you got four D+ oil filters for around $3.50 each including tax and postage after MIR.
Another possibility is to wait for an oil change special.
The lone K&N I've used, along with every M1 I've used were bought as a part of an oil change special.
Finally, some retailers may end up closing out these filters.
For example, Meijer has D+ and P1 filters on the shelf, but I doubt that sales will be all that great, so they will likely end up on clearance eventually.

PEPBOYS has a deal that you get 5 / 1 qt. bottles or a 5 gallon jug of PLATINUM along with the BOSCH Premium oil filter for $22.99 after $7.00 rebate . Add $5 for the BOSCH Distance Plus . Sale ends Jan. 1st . Here's the ad ( click on OTHER STUFF and go to page 8 ) , http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...;gonew=1#UNREAD . Thanks / credit goes to Tenderloin .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back