Does anyone like Firestone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Bridgestones on all my vehicles except the new Homda which came with OE Michelins. I also have Blizzaks for two vehicles, one set of performance winters and one with ice &snow Blizzaks.

Re050-super handling summer only tire
Turanza Serenity Grand Touring for quiet, comfort, high mileage
G019 high performance all season
LM-22 Blizzak high performance winter
LM-60 max Ice and Snow

All the above are great tires, in fact, the 300M is at the Firestone store right now getting a set of Turanza Serenitys.

Regarding the stores, unfortunately, there is a lot of inconsistency. I have a lot of tire and service business to give so I try to leverage it into special favors like free swaps of the winter tires. These stores have a lot of turnover so you have to get to know the manager and make him realize you'll give him a lot of business if he takes care of you.

I've been running various Firestones tires over the years years on several vehicles with excellent results, definetly an underrated brand.

Had the Firehawk SS20, (predecessor to the Indy 500), on my '87 Olds 442, those were great; racy looking, smooth, grippy, and wore like iron. Currently I have the FR-710 on my mom's and the girlfriend's car, the latter has 54,000 hard miles on them with plenty of tread left, should reach the 65,000 mile warranty no problem. Both sets were under $400 installed.

I've had some decent Goodyears too, (especially liked the Eagle GA), but the local dealers are awful and the prices are sky high. In fact, thats one of the main reasons I keep going back to Firestone/Bridgestone stores, they are always willing to negotiate the best deals, at least the ones I use. Warranty claims have been hassle free as well.

Presently I'm considering a set of Turanza Serenity for our Lexus ES 350. Again Firestone had the best price; $697 installed with road hazard. I wanted to try the Michelin MXV4 Primacy but I just can't bring myself to spend over $800 on tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back