If I use non top-tier gas, how much Techron to add

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a gas war nearby. Its supposed to be ongoing for some time. I can get non-top tier gas for 35 cents a gallon cheaper.
If I buy a bottle of Techron, how many ounces per gallon would give top-tier protection?
In other words, I want to blend my own top tier, using this cheap gas.
The gas station is called "Murphy Express."

Live close to Huntington?

What is the price down to now?

Last edited:
Murphy is owned by walmart. It is good gas.
techron once every 5000 miles, read label.

A division of MOUSA, Murphy USA Marketing Co., operates retail gasoline stations under the Murphy USA® brand across 20 states in the U.S. These are high-volume, low-cost retail gasoline stations, primarily in the parking areas of Wal-Mart Supercenters. The first Murphy USA station was opened in December 1996.

Murphy Oil Meraux Refinery supplies some of the Walmart gas through the Murphy Corporation agreement with Walmart. The Meraux Refinery is the one which failed to implement the hurricane plan and resulted in the worse residential crude oil spill in American History. While those neighborhoods have revitalized the community after taking mother natures hardest hit of katrina, and the Murphy spill, the Murphy Corp is making aggressive steps to buy up the court ordered greenspace buffer for their own economic gain. This would be an ambitious refinery expansion at the expense of the very neighborhoods that rebuilt and restored their lives despite the damages of the refinery's negligence.

We can get gas under $3.00 in Michigan. big deal....

Yes, I'm in Huntington D.K. You know what I'm talking about. And Chad, you may get gas under $3 in MI, but here in hillbilly land we have been targeted for MANY years by the oil companies as one of the regions where they KEEP the gas prices artificiallly high. I guess because they think we're stupid or don't have people in government that will stand up for us, or maybe they are controlled. Across the river from Huntington, WV gasoline prices have been kept at "WV" prices (with its significantly higher state gasoline tax.) It is the Marathon Oil Company in control. They've kept up this continually since they took control of Ashland Oil in the late 90's.
Until Now.
Murphy opened and the prices have dropped from $3.30's down to "$2.93 yesterday.
All of a sudden, all of the Marathon owned stations are able to sell gas 35 cents cheaper than in WV! The few stations that aren't owned by Marathon have followed their lead over the years because the artificially high prices benefit them too.
So.
Marathon dictates how bad we've been getting ripped off. It went on for 13-14 years non-stop.
Before Marathon was in control a guy could get gas cheaper in OH by driving across the bridge. Since Murphy opened up its like Ashland Oil was in control of itself again.

I'd like to buy this cheap gas and add just enough Techron to "make" my own Chevron gas (that they don't sell any more in my region.)

Anyone know how much I should add per gallon to get similar levels of Techron that Chevron sells at the pump?

It drives me to point of insanity what we pay for gas in this region. We have been taking it up the you know what for far to long. I am glad some independent competition showed up. Murphy will buying gas from Marathon which is the kicker to all of this. JWC will not be distributing to Murphy. JWC is John W Clark Oil, who is the owner of a majority of gas stations in our area.

DK

There are Anti-Trust Laws in place to prevent what Marathon Oil and John W. Clark oil have been doing. But noone has the guts to do anything to enforce them.

Originally Posted By: j_mac
There are Anti-Trust Laws in place to prevent what Marathon Oil and John W. Clark oil have been doing. But noone has the guts to do anything to enforce them.

It isn't a matter of guts, it is a matter of integrity. West Virginia has a long history of corruption in business and gov't.

Yes, thats true, just like just about every other state. The real offending stations are across the river in Ohio. for the last 15 years the same gas in Chesapeake Oh was always about 20 cents more than in Cincinnati or Columbus. Just because they know WV gas tax is higher and our stations cant compete. Ultimately its the oil companies controlling the prices.
To add insult to injury, We have one of the nations largest Oil Refineries right next door. They brag how they make 2% of the nation's gasoline. So before anyone says we have higher transportation costs here keep that in mind. The Marathon Oil gas station RIGHT NEXT to the refinery has high prices.

Originally Posted By: j_mac
So,
does anyone know how to mix the Techron?

j_mac,

No need to mix....just add a bog bottle to handle the 20 gallon version and foregt it. A little over concentration is OK for your car/truck. If you read the instructions you can add up to three (I think) bottles in a month before you should stop before you next OCI.

Remember part of the cleaning cycle is dwell time during non usage to soak things like the valves and such to make it effective.

Durango

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back