tired for my CRV

Status
Not open for further replies.
been looking at tires from my CRV and winter is getting close and I am going to change them out in the next couple of weeks. have the oem Continental tires on there and they are getting to the wear bars at 22,000 miles. have a couple of tires in mind , looking to see if anybody has had these tires. driving is split 40/60 with city highway driving and no off road use just the usual rain and snow we get in the Northeast. changed my other ride to Michelins a couple of years back and not happy how they are holding up for the cost.checked out tirerack.com for reviews and these two are standing out for me.

BF Goodrich Advantage T/A 225/65R17 102T will cost me around $125 less than the goodyear tires below for all 4. so will the goodyears last and perform that much better for the extra $125 ?

225/65R17 102H Goodyear® ComforTred® Touring ( currently a $60 instant rebate on these tires at Sam's club but will still run a little over $125 more than the BF Goodrich )

Last edited:
It looks like the Goodyears have very good ratings on Tirerack. If you're conscious about price, those new Fuzions are intriguing. They're new, though, and have no reviews, but Fuzion tires are usually pretty well regarded for an economy tire.

Fuzion at TireRack

Did you take a look at Goodyear Assurance CS Fuel Max Crossover/SUV Touring All-Season tire ? It's about $25 less per tire than ComforTred Touring.

The ComforTred line seems pretty good. I bought two sets for our company minivans and they've been a well-rounded tire. I think the tread life warranty on them is really good too -- don't remember.

Thanks for the replies so far. did not look at the fuzions as the BF goodrich tires are only a couple dollars more and have a betetr warranty. I have also had good luck with BF Goodrich in the past. did not look at the Goodyear Assurance CS Fuel Max Crossover/SUV Touring since the rating seemed to bea lot worse that the ComforTred® Touring tires.I would like to hear from somebody who has used the CS Fuel Max in snow or bad weather as well as how the tread life stacks up with the other two tires. appreciate the feedback so far.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dparm
The ComforTred line seems pretty good. I bought two sets for our company minivans and they've been a well-rounded tire. I think the tread life warranty on them is really good too -- don't remember.

here is the warranty that they had for the tires listed on tirerack and between the two. the Goodyear has a 6month uniform wearing warranty while the BFGoodrich has 1 year.

Goodyear
6 Years / 80,000 Miles (T & H rated only)
6 Years / 70,000 Miles (V rated only)

BFGoodrich

6 Years / 60,000 miles (H&V-Rated)
6 Years / 75,000 miles (T-Rated)

It sounds like the BFG's have everything you're looking for. BFG makes a really good tire, I'm sure they'll be fine. Pocket the $125 and take your wife out for a nice dinner(a really nice dinner).

Originally Posted By: meangreen01
It sounds like the BFG's have everything you're looking for. BFG makes a really good tire, I'm sure they'll be fine. Pocket the $125 and take your wife out for a nice dinner(a really nice dinner).

+1

with Honda automatics... especially with it overheating during conditions such as freeing yourself from the snow & ice in a PA winter..

So... I'd go with Nokian WR G2 SUV. Pricey, yes. Year-round control, yes.

I wouldn't get any of Goodyear's current offerings in this size...they're just not competitive, at least in Tire Rack's testing.

The Continental CrossContact LX or CrossContact LX20 are both good tires. The CrossContact LX has been out for a while, and is actually the OEM tire now on the 2012 CR-V. The LX20 is a brand new version and has tested very favorably against its peers, in both CR testing and Tire Rack testing. The LX20 may be your best value tire right now.

Myself, I'm also eyeing those BFGoodrich Advantage T/As, but I don't have near the snow and ice you have in Pennsylvania. I think the CrossContact LX20 will be a better tire for you.

Matrass,
I know and have known lots of folks running BFG Advantage and Touring TA's on a variety of vehicles including CR-V's, and all are having...& have had quite good luck with them. And the TA line seems to do well in snow for an all season tire
smile.gif

Since the TA is one your choices for the CR-V, it seems like a good choice!

Thank you for all of the replies to my tire choices. the continentals that were mentioned sound interesting but it looks like they are not carried by Sams club. they have the BF Goodrich as out of stock when you look for them on line so I will have to stop down or call them after Black Friday. even if they need to order them for me the price is hard to beat if they are a descant tire, which they seem to be. will let you all know how I made out.

Correct: the Continentals won't be carried by Sam's Club. Don't forget the Michelin Energy Saver A/S. Sam's Club carries that one. It comes as the P-metric version of that size (so a 100T service description instead of the 102T service description). An article on Tire Rack says that as long as the nominal size is the same, the difference between P-metric and E-metric is negligible.

There are at least three reviews of the Energy Saver A/S on Tire Rack from CR-V owners, and all of them are positive.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=24

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Correct: the Continentals won't be carried by Sam's Club. Don't forget the Michelin Energy Saver A/S. Sam's Club carries that one. It comes as the P-metric version of that size (so a 100T service description instead of the 102T service description). An article on Tire Rack says that as long as the nominal size is the same, the difference between P-metric and E-metric is negligible.

There are at least three reviews of the Energy Saver A/S on Tire Rack from CR-V owners, and all of them are positive.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=24

Thanks for the heads up and the reminder. after black Friday ( like next week ) I shall be stopping by Sams and a couple of local tire shops and make my decision.

Well just wanted to update everybody on the new sneakers for my CRV. went to Sam's and they did not have the BF Goodrich tires in stock and was told it would be at least another 8 weeks before they had them. did some searching and found a local tire store that could order the tries for me for $50 more than Sam's. ended up with the BF Goodrich Advantage T/A 225/65R17 102T and have to say I am happy with them. they are very quiet, handle and ride well. as long as they are descent in the snow , all the remains to be seen is how long they last. spoke with the guy at the tire store for a while about different tires for a CRV. he said they have installed many brands on them and they all are wearing fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back