Daily or weekend drinker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually a glass of wine with dinner, and once or twice a week a second glass in the evening as my wife and I discuss our day.

When I was married, we would have friends over every Friday night and have "steak night" where we'd cook up a bunch of meat and get drunk. I would have about 5 or 6 Long Island Iced Teas on those nights, and I'd mix them strong (2oz of alcohol in each class) too. Now that I'm divorced, I don't drink that often anymore, maybe once every couple of months now. I find it takes less alcohol for me to get a buzz on now.

I don't tolerate beer any more. I used to love beer, it was my favorite booze of all, by far, but these days the hangovers last 2-3 days or more. I'm better off without booze anyway, as I can never have just one, I have to drink a 6 pack or two, and then over eat, etc. It leads to other cravings and excesses, so I stopped drinking booze altogether. I enjoyed it when I was younger, but if I drank today, I'd have to make up for lost time and drink half a keg, and that wouldn't be worth it for me. That would destroy my health at my age.

If you can have one or two, more power to you, but if you like to drink to get loaded, you should quit it and go to AA meetings before it ruins your health.

I usually will have a beer or two a week... Does not matter what day of the week, just when I crave one. I am good for one or two beers at a sitting, depending on style.

I love beer, but not in large amounts. I am like that with any alcohol though. Once I start buzzing I am usually sick of the drink and it never goes any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back