City Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
watch out for this oil it will ruin your motor used one quart and it turn my oil into chocolate pudding cost me over 500.00 to find out that cheaper is not better

Who would have gone to the effort to package this stuff. Unless they are morons, they must realize sooner or latter they will be found out. Is it a straight 30 non-detergent? If so, its good for pressure washer pumps.

And someone is selling them the base stock. There are only a hand full of companies that have refineries and produce base stock.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Who would have gone to the effort to package this stuff. Unless they are morons, they must realize sooner or latter they will be found out. Is it a straight 30 non-detergent? If so, its good for pressure washer pumps.

And someone is selling them the base stock. There are only a hand full of companies that have refineries and produce base stock.
And air compressor pumps.

We just had a post on this a few weeks ago and somebody took pictures of the stuff. It had CHUNKS!
I dont think they are using fresh base oil. I have no idea what they are using, but it aint fresh.

You have to understand that this [censored] only has a viscosity of 3.4 at operating temp. It is not good for anything. A 30 weight oil should have 9 – 12 at 100c. I suspect there is no “base stock” supplied to this bottler, their just cleaning up and packaging the oil from the Iffy lube sump near you/us. This City Star oil is found at BP independents and local liquor stores in the Detroit Metro area all the time.

Thats horrible. The idea that someone might need this in a real tight pinch and not know what the api specs/ certifications mean makes me sick.

Originally Posted By: 94MaxGXE
You have to understand that this [censored] only has a viscosity of 3.4 at operating temp. It is not good for anything. A 30 weight oil should have 9 – 12 at 100c. I suspect there is no “base stock” supplied to this bottler, their just cleaning up and packaging the oil from the Iffy lube sump near you/us. This City Star oil is found at BP independents and local liquor stores in the Detroit Metro area all the time.

Yep, I see it everywhere too. A few months back I picked up a bottle of City Star 10w-40 and shook it; it literally had the consistency of water, and I saw foam through the translucent strip on the side of the bottle
crazy2.gif
I feel sorry for whoever bought this. The best part? The bottle was still sealed, meaning that it left the bottling facility this way. Crazy...

I'm sorry but with the price of cars and complex engines these days, somebody needs to go to jail for allowing this to get on the market!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back