Who makes Motorcraft Full Synthetic Motor Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know? The search function on this site is not the greatest - I know this has been asked before, I just cant find it.

Not really....slightly different add-pack, I suspect. MC oils are always 'slightly different' from the rest of the CP line.....

Bottle says "Made in Korea" if my memory serves...I think I just threw out the bottle the other day, I'll have to check the garage.

Kendall which for the most part a twin of Motorcraft, is on sale at Pep Boys for $20 plus a pro line filter till Oct 4th I believe. Conoco Phillips buys their oil from Korea. I heard they took a $$ hit on some bad business dealings with Lukoil. That in itself should not affect the oil though. Good choice Motorcraft or Kendall. IMO

Originally Posted By: Rookietech
Does motorcraft oil have cleaning agents like valv. and pennzoil?
I believe all synthetic oils have some type of add pack nowdays.

Originally Posted By: Rookietech
Does motorcraft oil have cleaning agents like valv. and pennzoil?

Rookie,

Oils generally meet, or exceed, one, or more, industry standards. E.g., SAE, ILSAC, ACEA, or a manufacturer's specification (FORD, BMW, VW, MB, Honda, etc). Generalizing, they all have some requirement for cleanliness. Sooo... theoretically... if any oil says it meets, or exceeds, a given spec... it should regardless of manufacturer or source of its base materials and additives.

And, since all of today's oils are 'SM' ... for example...any one of them should be OK. How they are engineered to get there may, or may not, be that important in the big picture.

Ahhh so confusing....

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Not really....slightly different add-pack, I suspect. MC oils are always 'slightly different' from the rest of the CP line.....

Although this could be true, the specs on both Motorcraft and Kendall full synthetic oils are identical on their respective product data sheets. I suspect they are the same oils, but no one has concrete proof either way. Both are excellent oils for the money. In my area, it's hard to find either brand's full synthetic line, although I now see the MC at Advance Auto (only in 5W-20, though).

what spec would show a different add pack if they use the same base oil formulation?

If no pour point depressants etc are used it would be hard to tell
from a spec sheet any add-pack differences

I have found:
- "Made in Korea" on the bottle Motorcraft Full Synthetic 5W-30
- "Made in the U.S.A." on the bottle Motorcraft Synthetci blend 5W-30.
Both bottles are identical (from ConocoPhillips).

What does it mean?

1) Who is OEM-manufacturer of Motorcraft full Synthetci motor oil?

2) If full synthetic motor oils Motorcraft made in Korea (may be form SK Corp or Zic Corp?), why bottles are from Conocophillips, not from SK Corp?

3) Why Motorcraft doesn't order synthetic motor oils directly from ConocoPhillips
(like Kendall GT-1 ultimate motor oil http://www.conocophillipslubricants.com/brands-products/Single.aspx?pid=240&brand=Conoco
or Kendall GT-1 full-synthetic motor oil http://www.conocophillipslubricants.com/brands-products/Single.aspx?pid=322&brand=Conoco ),
but does order synthetic blend (and other) motor oils from ConocoPhillips (like Conoco http://www.conocophillipslubricants.com/brands-products/Single.aspx?pid=320&brand=Conoco )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back