Kendall w/ Liquid Titanium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titanium doesn't substitute ZDDP.
Cheap titanium does substitute a part of expensive Moly.
That's why I prefer Motorcraft full synthetic motor oil without cheap Titanium.

Kendall GT-1 contains good doses of titanium, moly and boron in addition to the standard dose of ZDDP. It's a very stout additive package.

Originally Posted By: Izb
Titanium doesn't substitute ZDDP.
Cheap titanium does substitute a part of expensive Moly.
That's why I prefer Motorcraft full synthetic motor oil without cheap Titanium.

I think LT complement ZDDP without increasing the amount of phosphorus and sulphur.

The Professor claims that this a just a marketing gimmick. The are better oils, with better additives, and the same price.

Originally Posted By: OilProfessor
The Professor claims that this a just a marketing gimmick. The are better oils, with better additives, and the same price.

Since LT is relatively new, how do you know there are better additives and that this is just a gimmick. Id like some factual references for this basis. Most of the LT oils are priced cheaper than others.

Well here Kendall GT with Liquid Titanium goes for about 3 bucks a quart. I cannot find another oil that is semi syn, with similar add packs for 3 bucks a quart, let alone better. The PQIA numbers seem very good for the Kendall oil. It has higher than average phosphorus(for GF5), higher than average zinc(for GF5), a good dose of Boron, the controversial titanium is high, and has a good TBN.

http://www.pqiamerica.com/Kendall.htm

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Well here Kendall GT with Liquid Titanium goes for about 3 bucks a quart. I cannot find another oil that is semi syn, with similar add packs for 3 bucks a quart, let alone better. The PQIA numbers seem very good for the Kendall oil. It has higher than average phosphorus(for GF5), higher than average zinc(for GF5), a good dose of Boron, the controversial titanium is high, and has a good TBN.

http://www.pqiamerica.com/Kendall.htm

Not to mention it also has moly in it! Basically kendall = motorcraft +LT

The Professor needs to go back to school before he "teaches" others.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak

Yeah especially where in grad school where we were hammered with the idea to look at things objectively.

We have tons of Kendall around these parts. I personally always thought it was a cheap oil because it was priced so cheap, but you all say it's great oil so maybe someday I should try it. We have Trop Arctic here too for about $2.98/qt.

Kendall and Trop Artic are essentially MIA in this market. The only place I can find them is 66 stations at nearly $6 a quart!

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Originally Posted By: chevrofreak

Yeah especially where in grad school where we were hammered with the idea to look at things objectively.

And maybe even make reasoned arguments backed up by data instead of just making unsupported assertions.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Kendall and Trop Artic are essentially MIA in this market. The only place I can find them is 66 stations at nearly $6 a quart!

Look for a distributor instead of on store shelves. A Connoco-Phillips distributor might have some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back