nascar

Status
Not open for further replies.
i made the miss take of watching nascar on tv talking about kyle bush. HOW DO THEY THINK ANY ONE CAN THINK THEY ARE PROFESSIONALS WHEN THEY DO A BUMP EM CAR THING. now i remember why i dont watch nascar. they dont KNOW WHAT A GENTLEMEN IS. is this what you want this guy as a roll model for YOUR son. if i was the sponsor he would be GONE, nascar should ban him for this year. ill keep my drag racing THANK YOU.

That was a bad move but I still think most nascar drivers are way better role models then the jokers that play in the nfl and nba, Some times during nfl interviews I wonder how they passed high school.

Originally Posted By: kevco
Some times during nfl interviews I wonder how they passed high school.

Most of them didn't.

I wouldn't watch Nascar (live or on TV) if it was free...scratch that, I guess I would watch the cartoon version of it with the kids...Disney movie called "Cars"... that was much more entertaining...but then the cars talked.

Last edited:
NASCAR is fun to watch and most all the drivers do a lot for charities and kids. It's a great sport filled with great people and they are pretty darn talented.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
I wouldn't watch Nascar (live or on TV) if it was free...scratch that, I guess I would watch the cartoon version of it with the kids...Disney movie called "Cars"... that was much more entertaining...but then the cars talked.

'Cars' and 'Cars 2' over NASCAR any day! Seriously though, NASCAR should have an in-race rules enforcement governing body that alternates every race, like F1 has.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
What's an auto race without some accident once in a while? They got to keep those bored audience entertained.

The accidents are pretty much all NASCAR has left.

They aren't North American Stock Cars anymore:

1. They don't run stock-style engines
2. They don't run any stock style body panels
3. The cars are all tube-chassis now, and everybody runs the same one.
4. Toyota, who is not North American, competes in it.

ochs_postcard5.jpg

1972-Dodge-Charger-NASCAR-Race-Car-American-Racing-Legend-Richard-Petty-And-His-Car-1280x960.jpg

NASCARTorino_01_700.jpg

torino-11.jpg

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
I have a client with one of those Torinos in his garage.

What a menacing machine in person!

That's when NASCAR hit its peak (IMHO).

The 426 HEMI racing against the BOSS 429. Two incredible engines in two relatively STOCK cars.

yeah, that actually had a part or two in common with the car I could buy.

I loved my 68 383 Charger. It was a great car at the time. Cheap, capable of 140 mph, and actually handled halfway decently.

It was also surprisingly light.

Kyle Bush is a whine-[censored] baby. He deserves to sit the rest of the season out. IMO I would fire him, make him find another sponsor.

They just don't run the cars we are used to seeing, and can purchase, and they dont drive the same anymore, that's where they really lost the enthusiasts...

Last edited by a moderator:
see there someone does know that Richard Petty raced ford JUST ONE year. the nascar to day has nothing but idiots. we will never see an other Richard Petty. regardless of the brand he drives.

I do not approve of what Busch did but he is a unique individual where NASCAR is loaded with sterotype personalities. Guys like Busch, Tony Stewart and very few others really standout from the crowd. Racing in general just is not that interesting anymore with the exception of Midget racing such as the annual Chili Bowl in Tulsa. Back in the late 50's and into the early 70's a buddy and I use to attend USAC and IMCA Sprint Car races all over the Midwest and Plains states. That was real racing complete with unique personalities.

Cars driving around and around and around and around and around in the same circle for hours with speed limited cars. I never understood the sport.

Letting them mix it up and cause some crashes at least keeps things interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back