Bosch Distance Plus Verses K&N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is better ?
55.gif

Can't say I've "held" a K&N, but I held a D3330 I think it was, which cross-references to a XG3614 and WOW.....that beast is HEAVY....lol!

Not to mention, I
BUT, be careful....I've found some of the filters "swapped out" at my local WM......"people" putting FRAMs into the D+ box, and walking out with a D+ for the price of a fram......

Karma's a [censored] though.

Bosch claims a 99.9% efficiency rating but not sure what the micron rating is for that efficiency. K&N is 94.9% at 20 microns, nice can, handy nut on top. Both are great filters.

Originally Posted By: Sunnyinhollister
Bosch claims a 99.9% efficiency rating but not sure what the micron rating is for that efficiency. K&N is 94.9% at 20 microns, nice can, handy nut on top. Both are great filters.

Re: K&N
I think it's over 98% at 20 microns, actually. I can't find my source right now though.
Most have the threaded end bypass, too. I like that. With my own filter setting vertically, that prevents any sediment from being washed back into the bearings on start up.

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
Can't say I've "held" a K&N, but I held a D3330 I think it was, which cross-references to a XG3614 and WOW.....that beast is HEAVY....lol!

Not to mention, I
BUT, be careful....I've found some of the filters "swapped out" at my local WM......"people" putting FRAMs into the D+ box, and walking out with a D+ for the price of a fram......

Karma's a [censored] though.

And what would Walmart say if you discovered that at home and went back in with a D+ box and a cr*p orange Fram filter in it?

Probably pretty close.
Both seem to be thick can premium oil filters.
Either would be a good pick, and I've used the K&N and have four D+ filters on hand.

Originally Posted By: hpichris
just bought myself D+ Can't wait to see what happens. Paired it with M1 EP in my dads car.

What do you mean "Can't wait to see what happens"? What do you think is going to happen?

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Which is better ?
55.gif

I have purchased both. I don't know which one filters better. I think they are both overkill for normal engine use.

Originally Posted By: river_rat
Originally Posted By: Sunnyinhollister

Re: K&N
I think it's over 98% at 20 microns, actually. I can't find my source right now though.
Most have the threaded end bypass, too. I like that. With my own filter setting vertically, that prevents any sediment from being washed back into the bearings on start up.

I have to apologize for the slow response on this. The 94.9% @ 20 microns number came from an email when I inquired to K&N on their efficiency. This was in September of this year. I agree about the preference of the threaded end bypass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back