Supertech High Mileage oil review

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have on and off for years. i use st10w-40hm in a 4.0L jeep motor. i have never had a problem with it. in fact it stopped a rear main seal weep on the motor mentioned above. by weep i mean nothing hitting the ground just a moist area. the moist area has been gone since i have benn using it (3 years).

in my area the sthm is made by warren but the regular st is made by xom. mike

I use the high mileage ATF. Never seen the high mileage ST motor oil, nor have i seen the ST synthetic in jugs.

One of the best sleeper oils on the market in my opinion. I used it probably 2 years back and absolutely loved the stuff. Only reason I didn't continue using it is because I found killer deals on full synthetic oils and stocked up.

The only way to know is to try it yourself. Some HM oils work better in some vehicles than others according to the reviews of a lot of members. If you don't feel like taking a chance just get Maxlife, I have found ML to work pretty well. Even the NextGen is good.

I used it once and it seemed fine to me. I would point out that SUperTech HM oil is one of the very few (if not the only one) of the HM oils that also meets the Energy/Resource conserving standards.

My theory on this is that it's more marketing and less High Mileage oil that we typically think of. MAG1 (WPP's retail brand) of Synthetic Blend oil looks the very same as ST HM oil (down to the red bottle) and it also says its "Formulated for high mileage engines". So perhaps it has some group III oil blended in with regular ST and also a little more seal conditioners, rather than being "thicker" and for whatever reason Walmart decided to market it as High Mileage instead of Synthetic blend, but it's really both.

Just a thought.....Whatever it is, i think it's a decent product and i'd have no issue using it. I'm not sure it's worth the extra $ over regular dino SuperTech however.

If you google MAG1 you can check out their website which has excellent data sheets on the oils they sell.

Used it for a couple of fills on my 1996 Accord with 187K. It seems to slow the seal leaking down considerably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back