nissan sentra what oil to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2008 nissan sentra with the 2.0 4 cylinder. thinking of going with castrol syntec 5W30 and a P1 filter, or M1 0W30 and the same filter. it doesnt get really cold where i live, the lowest is about 40 degrees, and it usually stays around 50most of the time so would it really pay to use the 0W30? is it a good year round oil? anyone on here with sentras what do yall use?

Im liking ST 5W-20 for your car. You could use an (0)(5)W-30, but make sure you DONT use GC, it seems heavy for your app.

5W will flow great, just like a 0W almost! And its fine that it is ST conventional.

1) 4k oci is fine, you could go 5k or MAYBE 6k
2) dont fret that its not a synthetic, anyone who says "5W-20 ST doesnt flow well" needs their head examined. We tend to obsess about that stuff here on BITOG but trust me, your 5W-20 SUPERTECH will be fine. Cost effective, too.

Naturally, that is not the ONLY oil you can use, rather a suggestion. M1 gets pricey when compared to ST, unless they have some sale i dont know about imho. (btw, Mobil makes Supertech. More than likely. In 5W-20 its a virtual guarantee.) Id choose the ST as its "only a Sentra" and ST is not bad for your engine, no way no how. (Much bigger and more powerful engines use ST just fine.)

(CATERHAM?)

for your oci, you would be fine with any dino 10w30. Find one on sale at walmart and run it 4-5k and you will be fine.

i ran quaker state 5W30 (green bottle) and a fram XG (didnt want to use a supertech) and i got told by the guy at the register that the fram is overkill and only for synthetic oil. i almost laughed out loud at that one. i know its overkill but i didnt have time to go to advance auto, 30 miles away, to get a P1 filter. next time will probably be going with PYB 5W30 and a P1.

If your going to change it that often, go with whats on sale.My versa's are under warranty,with 3750 or 7500 schedule. They aren't that hard on oil but I don't have the nerve to go 7500 on conventional and I'm not buying synthetic for 7500 mile oil changes so I've been doing 5000 mile changes with supertech and napa filters and they purr like kittens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back