Chevron Techron 20 oz BOGO Advance Auto Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
i always stock up when they have this sale, my Silverado gets the big and the little bottle every 3,000 or so.. (24-25 gal tank) so i have to use the second small bottle..

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
i always stock up when they have this sale, my Silverado gets the big and the little bottle every 3,000 or so.. (24-25 gal tank) so i have to use the second small bottle..

Why don't you just only fill up your tank 2/3 or so and use one big bottle?

Only reason I could see, is most people do not typically take their tanks to empty.....so you get a more "thorough" dosing if you do the math and do the dosage based on "total capacity" vs. "actual volume"
smile.gif

My take on it anyways hehehe.

i just say "heck with it" pour in the two bottles and fill it up to mix well.. just seems easier to me.. and by using a little more than required im sure im not hurting anything.

Very good product.

Some guys use it right before an oil change but I really do not think it makes any diffence when you use it. I would bet it burns off before it can get into your oil. If any gets into the oil then I highly doubt it would be enough to hurt anything...

Is that 20oz different? The way I remember the 20oz is labeled as a fuel injector cleaner. I mean the label reads different from the small Techron bottles doesn't it? Someone correct me here.

I believe there are two different products from Chevron on the 20 oz size. One is identical to the 12 oz Techron cousin, the other is a "fuel system cleaner" IIRC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back