Agco 15w-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agco 15w-40 powerlube multiguard dino oil.

Truck has 116,000miles on it, 3674hrs. Ran it for 6500kms(4062mi), changed the air filter and fuel filters when I added the oil used a BD7317 oil filter. Cleaned the air filter twice over the mileage. First ever oil sample, will do another next year when I swap out winter Duron-E 0w-40 and ELF7349 oil filter.

15w-40.jpg

oilsample.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the report,we have 3 AGCO(Challenger)tractors and get a nice discount on this oil,good to know the property's on it,can't believe it's still CI-4???

TBN lil low for CI-4

That oil had quite a bit of life left in it. Iron was a little high but everything else was perfect.

I have heard the Duron E 0w40 is a great lube as well. Wish they had it here.

Never heard of AGCO. The FP is a little low and the Volatility is a little high for many 10w30's, but still within specs.

The 15w40 looks good. NICE STOUT ADDITIVE PACKAGE

I also forgot to mention that I also run a Smarty Jr on performance mode(100HP) with advanced timing, is my soot number a little high or about normal.

I was always worried about increasing soot levels with the advanced timing.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
That oil had quite a bit of life left in it. Iron was a little high but everything else was perfect.

I have heard the Duron E 0w40 is a great lube as well. Wish they had it here.

Never heard of AGCO. The FP is a little low and the Volatility is a little high for many 10w30's, but still within specs.

The 15w40 looks good. NICE STOUT ADDITIVE PACKAGE

Agco/Challenger/MasseyFerguson

Last edited:
I do a fair amount of custom tuning and have found Pulse Width increases soot levels much more then timing does. Your smarty JR is mainly a timing tuner.

The Regular Smarty is a fueling tuner with the ability of the owner to adjust the timing aswell.
Both are great tuners for what they are. Custom tuning is hard to beat but I think MADS has done a great job with their units.

BTW Soot looks good and Vis is nice also. It doesn't appear to have any soot thickening

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back