Amsoil discussion got me banned me from a forum!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: lexus114
Originally Posted By: flinter
Hi,
I own a MINT 2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS sedan and was a forum
member of the site called ElantraXD.com. These are the childish
guys who when you dicuss your successes with Amsoil ATF, you
are told to STOP discussing it! They are brainwashed to believe
you can ONLY use Hyundai SPIII in the auto transmission and ANY
other fluid will destroy the trans and no opposite opinions are
allowed!
These childern on the site actually banned me this morning when
I responded to a new member asking about if he can use other
ATF beside SPIII. When I told him about Amsoil, they banned me!

Anyone here familiar with this site and is it ran by immature
childern?

Sounds like that forum wasnt worth belonging to! I wouldnt look back.

Yes, EXD is full of those types. I've gotten into it with some on the ATF topic was quite surprised I wasn't banned too. My posts had facts (gathered with the help from members here) that few were able to counter. There were some fact backed (right or wrong, I don't know) counter points, but EVERYONE had an attitude. What really gets me was there were two members that would constantly hound the uninformed (AKA newbies) with snotty, snide smart [censored] remarks. Yeah, very helpful to the forum and just what I'd (not) want to see if I was the forum owner... That's why I don't go back.

Yes, heaven forbid that I don't yet own a W140, yet wanted to post a few questions and do some reading at a Mercedes forum. And then I commented that "some people can afford to maintain their cars right and some can't, and therefore maybe they're not the ideal Mercedes owner." Then I posted about how when I couldn't afford to repair my Gran Torino, it had to sit until I could afford to do it right.

Didn't take long to hear "so exactly what Mercedes do you own, Mr. Ford-loving piece of garbage?"

I haven't been back much except for searches for work purposes. I think I've now posted two posts since that mess. Same thing happened at a GM wagon forum. One guy had to ruin it for everyone and made a bunch of snide comments if anything but a 91-96 GM wagon was mentioned. He's on vacation now. And now I don't get burned for mentioning how nice it would be to find a matching Torino wagon for my sedan.

Originally Posted By: lexus114
Originally Posted By: flinter
Hi,
I own a MINT 2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS sedan and was a forum
member of the site called ElantraXD.com. These are the childish
guys who when you dicuss your successes with Amsoil ATF, you
are told to STOP discussing it! They are brainwashed to believe
you can ONLY use Hyundai SPIII in the auto transmission and ANY
other fluid will destroy the trans and no opposite opinions are
allowed!
These childern on the site actually banned me this morning when
I responded to a new member asking about if he can use other
ATF beside SPIII. When I told him about Amsoil, they banned me!

Anyone here familiar with this site and is it ran by immature
childern?

Sounds like that forum wasnt worth belonging to! I wouldnt look back.

i agree...i even looked up the forum since i had never heard of it and i must say that the main page was covered with riced out elentras. that alone makes it not worth being a part of!

i acquired a negative view of amsoil early on.
i got so much spam hawking the stuff i simply refused to have anything to do with it.
i am sure i am not the only one who responds negatively to obnoxious advertising.
we used to call it spamsoil.
as for the spoiled children in the ricer forums good riddence.
a bunch of those sort of fanboyz is not the place to seek useful info for any brand.
yes they did you a favor banning you.
but if they were a victim of spamsoil obnoxious marketing i see why the bias exists.

The only reason I stopped using amsoil is because I don't support their pyramid scheme and the "dealers" they hooked spamming every forum and vehicle show.

Every time I see an amsoil booth and try to ask question about the oil, it inevitably changes into that dealer trying to make me be either a dealer too or a "preferred customer".

In the end amsoil is, and always has been, Mobil's oil with some additives they toss in. Amsoil is not an oil company like Shell or Mobil, their business is selling franchises. Look up "multilevel marketing", aka "pyramid scheme".

Originally Posted By: ForcedInduction
The only reason I stopped using amsoil is because I don't support their pyramid scheme and the "dealers" they hooked spamming every forum and vehicle show.

Every time I see an amsoil booth and try to ask question about the oil, it inevitably changes into that dealer trying to make me be either a dealer too or a "preferred customer".

In the end amsoil is, and always has been, Mobil's oil with some additives they toss in. Amsoil is not an oil company like Shell or Mobil, their business is selling franchises. Look up "multilevel marketing", aka "pyramid scheme".

Quote:
That is false information.

Amsoil is not a pyramid scheme. The implication that Amsoil is doing something wrong or illegal, is, well disgusting in my book. I've been with Amsoil nearly 12 years and they are in no way associated with illegal activities. MLM is not a "pyramid scheme".

Amsoil is NOT just "Mobil's oil". Too say this, just shows ignorance on your part. Amsoil is about selling a product - Amsoil is an oil company with solid product growth.

God, another economic fool spouting MLM garbage. I've heard it many times also, Pablo.

Note that I had no trouble at all "getting some" Amsoil. A phone call, placed my order, boom! At my door seemingly next day.

Excellent oil, use it in my big money motors and on track days.

Originally Posted By: Jeff_in_VABch
Amsoils biggest problem is it's so hard to buy the products, it's not worth the trouble.

They need to sell in Auto Parts stores.

They do up here interestingly enough! Makes the product that more more available. I'm sure it has worked out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back