want to buy orbital and pads

Status
Not open for further replies.
good morning! thanks for all the great help!

i want to buy a random orbital to apply collinite wax. it seems like porter cable makes a popular one. autogeek has a 7424 xp for$125. seems worth it to me, so i can detail myself and not pay $200 each time. do you all like this one?

which exactly pads do i buy to apply, and remove collinite wax?

any other ideas?

thank you!!

have a great day!

Bob

The porter Cable is a nice unit. I have had the PC and a Flex and like the flex much more then the PC. I use a lake Country Finishing pad and then remove by hand.

I also REALLY Like the mequires Microfiber system. I got mine from autodetailingsolutions.com.

The system takes the guess work out of pads and the need for multiple pads. They are excellent at removing light scratches and oxidation and finishing. last forever to

if lowes still sells the 7336, it is your best bet. I think ebay usually has some deals on PC7424's too...shop around before you pull the trigger...

The great thing about random orbitals is that they leave a very specific pattern on the paint that it is obvious that there is either wax or sealant coverage. You don't have to go over it two to three times to ensure that you didn't miss a spot. Also, it's like 2-3 times faster than doing it by hand. I like the Griots because it has a life-time warranty and it is also more powerful than the Porter or Meguiars.

wallyuwl has the right idea. The Griots unit is heads & shoulders above the Porter Cable. I have both (& a Cyclo) and there is no comparison. It comes with spare brushes and a lifetime warranty also. You will eventually get to the point where you will want to do some paint correction and the Griots is the one to have. If you never plan to do that then a $25 Sears "wax spreader" type buffer may serve you better but that is all it's good for.

The PC 7224 and 7336 were discontinued a few years ago so finding a new one would be difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back