Can I mix MMO and Lucas UCL and FP60 in the same bottle and not blow myself up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anything in these products so volatile that if I mix them together in the small Lucas UCL bottle that I will either melt the bottle, create a small mushroom cloud or make it so the police cordone off my block until FEMA declares an all clear in my county?

Goose
patriot.gif

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

But only because if you get good results, you won't know which one to attribute it to.
Or if you get bad results, which one to blame....
I personally use the little Lucas bottles for my MMO. 5.25 oz is just right for my usual 14 gallon fill-up.

In all seriousness, I would have no reservations about mixing those 3 products. I personally use 2 of them, and eventually would like to try the FP.

Dave

About to make the mix....I'll leave the FP out this cycle and try a MMO & Lucas mix and see how that goes...if you see a disaster alert on CNN for Southern NH...just me
smile.gif

Goose
patriot.gif

quote:

according to marvel mystery oil's msds it says it has chroinated parrafins in it
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how recent was the msds, do tell? my understanding was they were removed after canada banned the product (for the chlorinated solvents) and when turtle wax bought them out?

Well so far so good....I'm still here to say that the Mobil station didn't go up in a mushroom cloud when I mixed up this cocktail..granted I could only mix the FP and the Lucas in the small bottle with a chaser of MMO
wink.gif

Car did seem a little peppier this morning on the commute but that could just be the placebo effect.

Chroinated parrrafins........whaaaaaaaaa?
confused.gif

Goose
patriot.gif

quote:

according to marvel mystery oil's msds it says it has chroinated parrafins in it

MMO MSDS (no date noted)

Ingredients from MSDS/Label
Chemical CAS No / Unique ID Percent
Stoddard solvent 008052-41-3 Distillates, petroleum, solvent-refined heavy naphthenic 064741-96-4 Distillates, petroleum, solvent-dewaxed heavy naphthenic 064742-63-8

MMO MSDS 6/20/2002

Ingredients from MSDS/Label
Chemical CAS No / Unique ID Percent
o-Dichlorobenzene 000095-50-1 0-1
Stoddard solvent 008052-41-3 20-30
Hydrotreated heavy naphthenic distillate solvent extract 064742-52-5 70-80

Do any of these qualify as a chlorinated parrfin
confused.gif

household products database

That sounds like a cool mix. I want to try 6 parts LC, 1 part RedLine SR-1, and 1 part Lucas UCL. I was recently reading Gary's MMO & ATF cocktail so maybe through in some of those too!
grin.gif

Any ideas on what these MMO ingredients are (more commonly known as)? The best I can tell from that NIH products database is that the Stoddard solvent is similar to paint thinner or charcoal lighter fluid and the two petroleum distillates are similar to mineral oil.

I think I read chlorinated parrafins are often used in cutting fluids. That's what Duralube has in it, doesn't it?

-Louis
patriot.gif

o-dichlorobenzene is not a paraffin. Paraffins are straight chains of carbon atoms. Chlorinated paraffins are straight carbon chains with chlorine atoms attached.

On the other hand, o-dichlorobenzene is a structure of chlorine atoms connected to benzene rings, which are hexagons formed of carbon atoms, usually with double bonds. In other words, o-DCB is a different chlorinated structure than chlorinated paraffins.

Here's a quote from a Google source about o-dichlorobenzene:
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

What is o-DCB and how is it used?

Ortho-dichlorobenzene, (o-DCB) is a colorless organic liquid with a pleasant, aromatic odor. The greatest use of o-dichlorobenzene is as a chemical intermediate for making agricultural chemicals, primarily herbicides. Other present and past uses include: solvent for waxes, gums, resins, wood preservatives, paints; insecticide for termites and borers; in making dyes; as a coolant, deodorizer, degreaser.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Since MMO can be used as an oil additive (as well as an additive for fuel), sometimes as an engine flushing agent, conceivably the o-dichlorobenzene is a solvent for cleaning up varnish - maybe?

Heck, maybe it's the source of MMO's unique aroma . . . since it has been used as a deodorizer . . . ?????

Bob A.

Well I can report that MMO and Lucas UCL mix very well and give a lot of power. It looks a little red in the bottle, but goes down better than with just Lucas UCL.

What about mix of 1 gallon UCL 1 gallon MMO, less than a quart of TCW3 bottle of Techron and bottle or 2 of Shell V-Power fuel cleaner? Will it blow up?
smile.gif
not a chemist.
That amount of cocktail should last for long time. Cocktail will be poured into bottles from fuel cleaners, more comfortable for use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back