Redline Oil 15-40 Modded 7.3 18,500 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This UOA is from my 2000 7.3. The truck is used often as a daily driver but does see some track and dyno time. Filter are Donadlson ELF7405 and an FS2500 Bypass. UOA showed just over 1% fuel. Keep in mind I dump A LOT of fuel

Complete built engines by me
Tuned by me
B code Injectors
Twin HPOP
WOP heads with Hensley Springs
Gt38 feeding a GT45 Turbo

Alum- 2
Chromium- 1
Iron- 11
Copper- 1
Lead- 6
Tin- 0
Molybdenum- 5
Nickle- 1
Mag- 0
Silver- 2
Titanium- 0
Potassium- 3
Boron- 60
Silcon- 8
sodium- 11
Calcium- 2940
Phosphorus- 1209
Zinc- 1498
Barium- 0

cst Viscosity @ 40 C 112
cst viscosity @ 100 c 15.45
Visc Index - 146
Fuel % 1.3
Antifreeze % 0.0
Water % 0.0
Soot % 0.4

Oh TBN was 2.4 and yes I changed it. I have had a few customers with cummins and Dmaxs go 40+k with this product and have great UOA. Granted they are usually on the road pulling the entire time

No at that time about 52k on the engine....I wish the first few UOA looked this good LOL. Breakin oil was Delvac 1300 at 3000Mi OCI till 15k then I went to RL. Baldwin 7039 filter and no bypass was used during breakin.

Last edited:
Thanks Artem,

I should also add that that OCI included a few towing road trips to some races. Not much weight though maybe 11,000lbs towing a Fummins. 1 of which to Kentucky and back for the TS performance Event

Max 758 with alittle spray to help the turbos light. 702 Fuel only. Im too chicken to spray anymore. This engine wasn't cheap to build, but there is more in it foresure.

12.20 1/4 losing lots of traction. it's a better puller then racer.

It's a CCLB with a 4in lift on 35's with 20in wheels. Truck is in full daily driver trim and weighed in at 7800lbs. Transmission was built by Brians Truck Shop in AR.

The short block is girdled, custom crank, Cut- coated, and cryoed Mahle Pistons.

The fuel system is pretty simple. Lift pump is Via Fuelab, with and ITP Diesel Bowl delete Regulated return. Im running pre and post pump filtration since there is no fuel bowl. The presure is adjustable depending on what tune Im running and what Im doing with the truck.

Factory diff with Yukon axles and Motive 4:10 Gears

7in Aussie Cut stacks

I dont run it near as hard as I used to. Its always the freakshow as you don't see many high HP 7.3's. I still attend alot of events with friends and customers and lend quite a bit of support. I wish I lived somewhere where pulling was more popular. We hold some events here in AZ but just cant get facilities onboard to try pulling

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Smokefan1977
Max 758 with alittle spray to help the turbos light. 702 Fuel only. Im too chicken to spray anymore. This engine wasn't cheap to build, but there is more in it foresure.

12.20 1/4 losing lots of traction. it's a better puller then racer.

It's a CCLB with a 4in lift on 35's with 20in wheels. Truck is in full daily driver trim and weighed in at 7800lbs. Transmission was built by Brians Truck Shop in AR.

The short block is girdled, custom crank, Cut- coated, and cryoed Mahle Pistons.

The fuel system is pretty simple. Lift pump is Via Fuelab, with and ITP Diesel Bowl delete Regulated return. Im running pre and post pump filtration since there is no fuel bowl. The presure is adjustable depending on what tune Im running and what Im doing with the truck.

Factory diff with Yukon axles and Motive 4:10 Gears

7in Aussie Cut stacks

I dont run it near as hard as I used to. Its always the freakshow as you don't see many high HP 7.3's. I still attend alot of events with friends and customers and lend quite a bit of support. I wish I lived somewhere where pulling was more popular. We hold some events here in AZ but just cant get facilities onboard to try pulling

That's awesome!

Thanks Mike!!

No problem buddy, maybe I can trouble you for a ride sometime in that Superduty
grin2.gif

Complete built engines by me
Tuned by me
B code Injectors
Twin HPOP
WOP heads with Hensley Springs
Gt38 feeding a GT45 Turbo

cst Viscosity @ 40 C 112
cst viscosity @ 100 c 15.45
Visc Index - 146
Fuel % 1.3
Antifreeze % 0.0
Water % 0.0
Soot % 0.4

Wow that kind of miles with twin HPOPs and it is still well within the 40 weight range....really impressive.

Nice report.
Just a comment since you're using RL, have you considered their 5W-40? Still a deisel oil, still very robust but with a much higher 170 VI. I appreciate your in AZ but there still are start-up advantages.

I had considered it, but stuck to Daves reccomendation. I decided to run with the " if it's not broke dont fix it " rule

The engine also has a melling HV pump feeding the twin Terminator pumps. ICP runs between 3500 and 3700 depending on the tune

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: addyguy
That sounds like a really cool truck!

Pics?

Why not zombie a thread back to life....any pics of this thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back