Dash board protectant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2011 silverado and want to put something on my dash to protect it and make it easier to clean. Should i just stick with Armor All or is there a better product out there?

Vinylex by Lexol. Much better than Armor All. When you apply Vinylex it takes off the old layer. It also won't yellow like Armor All does over time.

I use it on all my vehicles.

I use either 303 Aerospace or Vinylex by Lexol for all my cars and whenever I park under the sun I use sun shade, the 18 years old LS400 dash board is almost like new, no cracks at all.

Armor All is far too glossy for me. 303 aerospace protectant makes everything look factory finish and acts like a dust barrier.

Soap and water will clean it but i also want to protect it. A good protectant makes clean up easier. how is Meguiar's protectant? i know i saw that on the shelf.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Vinylex is extremely high shine, just so you know. 303 is more medium- to low-shine.

Yup. Another vote for 303. Vinylex shine is just too distracting.

My uncle uses the 303 on his dash and Vinyl truck bed cover on his '06 F150 it has held up very well in the FL sun. I personally use the new Meguiars low gloss with ScotchGard Interior Protectant and have been pleased with the way it works. My vehicles are all newer though so I really can't say long-term how it will hold up. The 303 I can.

You guys using 303, do you wipe it on and leave a wet film behind? Or do you wipe it on and then wipe it dry to the touch? I have been leaving the wet film on for extra protection but I wonder if it gives extra, longer lasting protection that way?

Originally Posted By: Chris B.
You guys using 303, do you wipe it on and leave a wet film behind? Or do you wipe it on and then wipe it dry to the touch? I have been leaving the wet film on for extra protection but I wonder if it gives extra, longer lasting protection that way?

I spray it on a microfiber cloth then work it all over the dash applying more to the cloth as necessary, it's glossy for a few hours but then dries to the flat matte finish that looks so good. On the door panels I wipe then buff it dry, the reason behind this is because if rain drops hit it and it hasn't been buffed it will streak and leave water marks like crazy. Extra protection without buffing? Probably not.

Last edited:
Turtle wax makes some good non greasy Protestant in an electric green bottle. I've always like that stuff.

Originally Posted By: dparm
I like 303 Aerospace. Very long-lasting and not oily.

01.gif

Another vote for 303's Aerospace Protectant.

HOWEVER, did pick up some of Autoglym's Vinyl & Rubber Care from Pep Boys last month to try out on the tires. Will apply some on the interior and see how it looks.

(Report will be ready in six months. lol)
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back