"Service Central" Premier 85 battery...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just brought home a 2007 Town and Country tonight.

It has a "Service Central Premier 85" battery under the hood. The manufacture sticker has it dated as "01/2011", so the battery is less than a year old.

I bought the van up near Chicago, and have no clue on the branding of the battery... or even who makes it or sells it.

Just as long as it ISN'T something that Exide made.

That battery came from Merchants/NTB/Tire Kingdom. Their website says they are made by Johnson Controls (JCI). Typically, JCI batteries have caps on the top with angled corners, and Exide has rounded corners.

I'll have to take a closer look at it in the morning...

I already knew that about the shape of the JC caps... but for some reason, my brain didn't kick back "Johnson Controls" when I looked at the battery earlier.

I'm just glad that it isn't the five year old factory battery still in it. I'll take one that is less than a year old, over one that is five years old, any day.

Regardless of who made it, keep it in there. if your uncomfortable with it, replace it prior to the winter around when it is 3. If its an OK battery, keep it until it shows signs of being funky.

No point in dropping $50-100 just because of a manufacturer on a few month old battery...

JC likes making 5/8" round stickers with that date format. IDK what exide uses, probably invisible ink that appears when the top posts start leaking acid.

Upon closer inspection, on the label on the top of the battery, in small font... it states that it is "Distributed by Interstate Batteries".

I can't imagine that Interstate would distribute anything but their own batteries...

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Upon closer inspection, on the label on the top of the battery, in small font... it states that it is "Distributed by Interstate Batteries".

I can't imagine that Interstate would distribute anything but their own batteries...

Interstate car batteries are made by Johnson Controls. So that's what you have...

Originally Posted By: jim302

Interstate car batteries are made by Johnson Controls. So that's what you have...

Nice.

I've never bought an Interstate battery in my life. I guess that I assumed that an Interstate battery made their own batteries.

Learned something today.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Originally Posted By: jim302

Nice.

I've never bought an Interstate battery in my life. I guess that I assumed that an Interstate battery made their own batteries.

Learned something today.

As batteries go you got a good one.

If you agree to buy enough, JCI would probably put your name on the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back