NEW Eneos Sustina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eccept a base oil VI of 140 is not "ultra high" before the addition of VIIs.
It's good, higher likely than most GP III oils but there are GP IV & V oils that have higher base oil VIs that they will have to compete with.

It would be nice to see the PDS.

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
Eccept a base oil VI of 140 is not "ultra high" before the addition of VIIs.
It's good, higher likely than most GP III oils but there are GP IV & V oils that have higher base oil VIs that they will have to compete with.

It would be nice to see the PDS.

Any pure petroleum base oil with NO VII's and a natural VI of 140 is absolutely off the charts high. GTL grp. III base-stock is 130-150 Raw. Lubes 'N Greases pp. 30-31

Last edited:
seems interesting no ZDDP in it.
their marketing speak is a wonder for what it doesnt say.

any oil you leave in long enough for the detergents to get depleted wont suspend dirt... lol.

I'd use it but I'd like to know more about it and also not pay more than 5-6/qt

Last edited:
ZDDP being replaced by ZP without sulphur seems like an advantage.

There are some expensive formulations that contain no Zn and P at all. The Fuchs Titan GT-1 0W-20 comes to mind.

I wasnt doubting that.. Its just that their marketing speak is kinda outrageous.. they make it seem like the sulfur is gonna pop out and molest your engine if you have zddp.

Isn't all advertizing an exaggeration of the benefits of one product over an other?
I actually like the advert' for it's technical bent.
It's a whole lot better than the non descript advertzing from most major brands that avoid technical comparisons like the plague.

ZDDP being replaced by ZP without sulphur seems like an advantage.

Yes, I wish that my RL (and other high end, grp. 4/5, high moly, antimony, boron, etc. add pack 'boutiques') did this as well.
frown.gif

Well I wouldn't give up on RL, etc yet.
Sustina may be a top notch GP III oil but it's still a GP III oil and while it's base oil VI of 140 is great it can't compete with the better GP IV & V oils which have base oil VI's in excess of 160.

I want to see a PDS and the pricing.

Well I wouldn't give up on RL, etc yet.

I'm FAR FROM "giving up" on RL, I just wish that they used this new sulphur-free ZP, instead of the old tried and true ZDDP.
I would not trade this stuff away for a Grp. 3 oil NO MATTER WHAT the base oil, OR the net VI happened to be.
wink.gif

But, my catcons sometimes have that "just lit match", rotten eggish sulphur smell, and I don't know if it is from running too rich on our high-sulphur U.S. fuels during W.O.T., or if it is a little of the RL getting by my rings and valve seals into the combustion chamber.
frown.gif

Either way, the less sulfur the better, and I will have to look into a 'lean it out' type tune I guess.

The GL-5 75w90 MTF seems interesting.. might be decent for my subaru MT that shares oil with the front diff.

the eneos 0w50 seems interesting as well if you have a vehicle that needs something heavier.. ie superboosted or whatever.

Last edited:
I've been visiting here for about 7 years now and decided to make my first post. I've been interested in high VI oil for a while now and was very disappointed when Castrol reduced the VI of Edge 0W-20. I've been looking for more data on the Sustina 0W-20 and while no PDS seems to be available this page indicates the 0W-20 VI index is 229! I'm thinking of ordering this for my next oil change in my F150.
http://www.sustina.us/product-line.php

Originally Posted By: buster
http://www.eneos.us/product/1

Check out the "Comparison Data". Interesting to see that their oil and the OE 0w20 (Toyota?) have the lowest coefficient of friction. Private labels did poorly.

I really wonder what the OE oil was? Too bad PP 0W-20 wasn't included but graphs can be made to look very impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back