Does anyone know the PepBoys battery warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a Bosch battery back in Jan 2007 and it failed on me last night (cant keep a charge). I still have the receipt which claims 36/96 month warranty. The first 3 years are full replacement, but I cant find the details of the prorated warranty. I checked the website, called the local PB store and nobody could tell me the exact amount that I would get prorated.

Im basically trying to figure out if its worth my time/money to go back to the Bosch battery or just skip it and get a WM battery.

More than likely the proration starts at year zero, so you'll get around half your money back.

I figure 57 months used to date (Jan 07-Sep 11), including Sep 11, so your proration is 39/96 months - 40 or 41% of the paid value. That amount would be deducted from the replacement battery price and you pay the rest.

It works something like that.

The Pep Boys near me gives very good service.

I usually use the cheapest models of battery from Pep Boys, as I am always going to areas of severe summer heat, running the headlights by day, frequent starts; it gives the batteries severe use. These cheap ones will get weak in my car after about two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back