oil for 2001 Jeep GC 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and unless you need the HDEO type specs, I doubt 0w-40 would perform any less if not better than T6 and TDT. If you have got that 'short list' of oil choices based on viscosity, M1 0w-40 is probably top of the list for PCMO. Heavy-duty apps, I'd still use T6 or TDT based on price.

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
My next test fill in a Jeep 4.0 will be M1 0w40. I've been running T6 5w40 and love it, but I don't see any down-side to M1 0w40- its got virtually as much zn/p.

OK, the downside is availability... many places carry T6 and M1 TDT but not 0w40.

I could be mistaking, but I thought I read on here that M1 UOA's are showing higher iron levels than T6.....

I think my next fill in one of my 4 Jeep Cherokees 4.0s will be Mobil 1 0w-40 European also! Im thinking my 99 will Get It. Once 1500 miles have been put on Her Freshly Built 4.0. I have put 60 miles on her so far, with the first Custom Blended Break-In oil change at 10 miles, and now about 50 miles on the second Custom Blended Break-In oil change. I deushed the Block really well with WD-40 in a WD-40 squirt bottle before Assembly, but I want to make sure there is NO metal Leftovers. Ive got 12 quarts of Mobil 1 0w-40 and some more Oversize oil filters of various brands just waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back