Nu Finish how soon can i put on a socond coat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to nufinish my trucks today. It says a second coat should be applied within 30 days. Can i just do both coats today?

I think NuFinish is the best polymer wax available and have used it for years. I usually wait for a week or more but, don't see why you couldn't do it the same day. The trick is to use very thin coats.

I would give it a least 24 hrs for the wax to bond and cure before adding a second coat.

I am new to exterior maintenance. Would you wash between coats if it got dirty somehow or you had a ton of rain showers? I have a tired looking room and overall paint job. I've used Megs ColorX with good results but it only last about 3-4 weeks before the quality starts to fade.

Not sure if a 2nd coat before that happens would be advisable like with the Nu Finish product as the OP has described?

12-24 hours (24 is better) between coats and keep the car from getting wet if at all possible. The paint must be clean for the 2nd coat or you will be grinding dirt into the finish.

Definitely wash in between coats if it's dusty or longer than 24 hours has gone by. I washed/sealed/waxed our Fit underneath a popup canopy, and that worked well for keeping the dust/dew off overnight since we don't have a garage.

Really no need to rewash after 24 hrs, unless you live in the Dust Bowl, I wipe my car down with a Calif Duster and go over it with a clean damp MF towel, always does the trick
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Malo83
Really no need to rewash after 24 hrs, unless you live in the Dust Bowl, I wipe my car down with a Calif Duster and go over it with a clean damp MF towel, always does the trick
wink.gif

That will cause a ton of swirl marks if your paint finish is "soft," like on some cars.

No problems here, but yeah i've heard about soft paint, do you know which brands are soft.

Honda/Acura has "soft" paint. It mars easily but the other side of the coin is that it is easily corrected.

I've always liked to let it set in the sun for a few hours after the first coat and then put it in the garage for the night. Then put the second coat on the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back