How long does it take to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Da Game
Well heres the update on the repacement. Those things are rusted on so bad the mechanic could not get them off. The reason is, the section that its mounted in (both sides) had rusted so bad that when heat was applied the metal around the mount socket would melt. What I needed to do was go to a muffler shop and I have the section removed and a new one welded in its place, along with the mounting nut. Also what I noticed was, I was performing the removal process right, I never took inot account the rust. So after 1 1/2 I did notice the exhaust was a bit louder, this was due to a crack that had develope.

So after 14yrs of Chicago weather the under carriage looks pretty bad. In the future when I take on these jobs I will replace the whole unit that its attached to. I will also be performing a dose of penetrating oil Yearly. The other side will be done next week the O2 sensor is okay but that section (from what I was told is worst). Next step is front steering linkage.

harborfreight had a cheap one for 37 with coupon right now. I saw it in person.. seemed decent...
use coupon code 42265520
on sale till 8-31

their desc is slightly wrong though.. its 230lb and not sure the BPM.
http://www.harborfreight.com/12-electric-impact-wrench-68099.html

I snagged a new old stock ingersol rand off ebay but it was still 150$

I got mine for tire rotations mainly. I dont have a big enough air compressor at home to run air tools so it worked out good.

I usually torch frozen bolts as hot as I can get them then(with the flame out) soak them down good with penatrating oil. the oil hitting the hot part will cool it so quickly that it will suck some oil up into the threads.Then I let it cool back to normal and usually they'll come loose.Like you guys, I'm a firm believer in anti-sieze. Just before winter weather I usually (with nmy exhaust warm,not really hot) hit my exhaust with some spray lube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back