voa chevron supreme SN

Status
Not open for further replies.
From this we can definately tell that Havoline and Chevron Supreme are different now. I wish I could get my hands on that Chevron Supreme. Looks like an excellent dino imho!

i get it for 2.29 from my local bi-lo warehouse. the add pac is right up there with some of the $4 oils

Just for fun I've been running this oil with some RL, 4 quarts CS and 2 quarts of RL, both 5W-30. I'll run the same thing next OC as well, then will possibly send in a sample for UOA just out of curiosity. I bought the CS at Costco with their coupon, $7 off a case of 12, which brought the cost down to $22 for the case.

Very happy to see this awesome additive package in Chevron Supreme SN, IMO it's still the best dino oil and rivals some syn. After seeing the VOA numbers on Havoline SN with zero moly I was worried that maybe CS SN was the same but very glad they are different now. I bought six cases of the CS SN when it was on coupon sale for $21.48 case/$1.79 qt. at Costco a few months back.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: hate2work

Just for fun I've been running this oil with some RL, 4 quarts CS and 2 quarts of RL, both 5W-30. I'll run the same thing next OC as well, then will possibly send in a sample for UOA just out of curiosity. I bought the CS at Costco with their coupon, $7 off a case of 12, which brought the cost down to $22 for the case.

Definitely want to know if you post the UOA. Sounds like a fun experiment. Depending on your Costco, some carry Formula Shell dino or Chevron Supreme.

Originally Posted By: vinu_neuro
I've never seen another dino with these levels of Boron and Moly.

Then you've never seen a voa or uoa of PYB. Way higher levels than chevon supreme

Originally Posted By: volk06

Then you've never seen a voa or uoa of PYB. Way higher levels than chevon supreme

The latest PYB has marginally higher boron.

Originally Posted By: cchase

Last uoa I saw had was over 2400ppm calcium 300 ppm moly with a bit less boron ~40.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2335770#Post2335770

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cchase

Last uoa I saw had was over 2400ppm calcium 300 ppm moly with a bit less boron ~40.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2335770#Post2335770

Okay, so PYB has LESS boron than Chevron Supreme. What's your point? That means your statement that PYB has "way higher" levels of boron is even more off the mark.

CS has higher boron and phosphorus, PYB has higher moly and zinc. Probably the two best dino oils but for some reason my cars have always run smooth as silk on CS and rough on PYB or PP so I stick with the CS. Other reasons I like Chevron is it's American made they pioneered isosyn technology and they don't make a bunch advertising noise like Pennzoil so CS is cheaper.

Then you've never seen a voa or uoa of PYB. Way higher levels than chevon supreme[/quote]

The latest PYB has marginally higher boron. [/quote]

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2335770#Post2335770[/quote]

Okay, so PYB has LESS boron than Chevron Supreme. What's your point? That means your statement that PYB has "way higher" levels of boron is even more off the mark. [/quote]

That was in reference to the large increase in moly. Whats your point, given the allowed lab error they're pretty much identical in boron. I even said it had a bit less in that UOA so chill out.

Last edited:
That's a confusing link. It lists both SN and SM in the text. SM is listed 4 or 5 times down below, but the close ups of the bottle are SN. I hope is it SN as I have some of this already but haven't had a chance to use much of it yet.

The CS tested is SN, but since all the other oils tested were SM they show the SM standards. The picture of the bottle is what they actually tested.

Originally Posted By: merdog
The link posted is for SM. How about a link for SN.

This has been discussed before. It is SN and not SM, they did the SM test on a SN oil, just look further down in the photos.

I emailed the folks at PQIA....they updated the Chevron info.…its all SN now...been corrected in a very timely fashion...thanks Tom Glenn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back