Shell gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all,

Yesterday my borther and I saw something very oood at our local Shell gas station..... There was a United Oil gas truck filling up their underground tanks! What's up with that???? Something's kinda fishy at that station.... This Shell is selling gas at $4.60/gallon of regular and the people are still buying it.

Durango

Nothing odd about it; all gas stations contract fuel from local distributors. You never see a Shell tanker here filling up a Shell station, or an Exxon tanker filling up an Exxon station. They all buy fuel from local distributors and have their own additives added. Most of the fuel around here is carried by Eagle Transport Corporation.

The only station around here where the tanker consistently matches the brand is Murphy USA (Walmart). I've never seen a tanker other than Murphy filling up that station.

Hokiefyd is right.
smile.gif

Yep.

Like Hokiefyd said except I do see Racetrac tankers consistantly in addition to the Murphy trucks.

Otherwise it seems to all be handled by Suncoast here.

Down in Orange County I saw mostly Shell trucks filled Shell stations, Chevron trucks filled Chevron stations, same for Mobil and 76 stations ...

Originally Posted By: tinmanSC
Hokiefyd is right.
smile.gif

+1

In my small city, all the gas stations are visited by the same tanker company, except one-The Quick Trip station gets their own tank truck to visit.

There also is a E-85 'station'-if you want to call it that.
Just pumps-no store, no attendant. I don't know who or what drops gas at that station.

I wouldn't worry about the name on the tanker. Where I used to work, a Gulf branded station, the tanker was marked Gulf. The invoice was from a Sunoco refinery.

Originally Posted By: Durango
Hello to all,

Yesterday my borther and I saw something very oood at our local Shell gas station..... There was a United Oil gas truck filling up their underground tanks! What's up with that???? Something's kinda fishy at that station.... This Shell is selling gas at $4.60/gallon of regular and the people are still buying it.

Durango

Why you afraid the United Oil Tanker is dirty? They all fill up with fuel from the same pipeline or refinery.

Any of the big contract-hauling companies will dedicate leased trailers or tankers to you and apply your logo's and brand graphics.....for extra cost. My last employer did that with dry-goods trailers...but the trucks and drivers all belonged to NEMF.

Many gasoline deliveries are done in the dead of night for traffic safety/efficiency, so the advertising benefit of branded trailers isn't worth the extra cost.

Every Shell station fuel tanker I have seen in San Antonio are Shell tanker trucks. The one thing I have noticed about all tankers I have seen, is that they leave the tanker fueling hoses exposed to the elements (dirt, rain, grime, whatever is on the road). They are not covered, including the hose-ends, even though I see the caps nearby.

Don't worry about the tanker. The "brand" (in this case, Shell) out sources their truckers/tankers, to load and dump fuel across your area.

Same deal here locally.....the only "branded" tanker I ever see is for Race Track......Never seen a 711, BP, Mobil, etc. tanker. Glover Fuel was loading off fuel into the local Mobil station one night
wink.gif

Likely, Race Track just pays the tanker guys for the "moving advertisement" with their name, and the giant hot dog and fountain drink on their tanks
smile.gif

BUT, will say, I've never seen a race Track tanker truck at a Kangaroo Express, 711, Mobil, etc.
smile.gif

Thanks guys I was just wondering. Personally I never fill up at the local Shell anyways cuz this station wants $4.60/gallon of regular!!! What's up with that???? Besides that I stopped buying Shell ever since I was told Shell isn't really Shell anymore as a company called Tesorio or something like that is the true producer of this terribly expensive fuel. Wether it's V-Power or not it's not worth the price.

Durango

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back