2 year service for a Hengst filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Need to look up the mileage, but service is over two years. 2004 Saab 9-3, ecotec cartridge filter.

IMG_2908.jpg

IMG_2909.jpg

IMG_2910.jpg

IMG_2911.jpg

IMG_2913.jpg

The media is barely wet by oil nothing else on it, it can be used for another year ! Hengst is as good as Mahle or Mann, for my E430 it's usually few dollars cheaper.

I'm considering using either a Hengst or Mann fuel filter when that service date comes around again. It does look like it did a solid job as a cartridge for the 2 years it saw. Interested in learning more about these German(?) brands.

other than the pleats, which seems to be common no matter the time in service... It looks great!

Last edited:
These filters will almost always come out with twisted looking pleats plus some hourglass shapes as well. As long as there is no rips or tears all is fine. And believe it or not this is one of the best that I have seen.

Does these filters come with a new O-ring? The AC Delco that Advance Auto sells for under $5 are Hengst USA filters but without the O-ring gaskets. GM has jacked up the price of the filter/cap/O-ring combo to over $16 this year so that is a more expensive option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back