Toyota Corolla 1.5(1NZ-FE)Carlube Triple R 5W-40 3125mi, 15500mi on unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

Here are my results from Blackstone.Comments please. Was supposed to include terry's comments too. somehow it didn't appear.

Comments: TBN=4.0. Carlube triple R fully syn oil (5W-40). Oil in Engine for approx 4 months. Daily short trips to and from work of about 5km one way. Longer trips of 20km of more only on weekends or some week nights. Concern on fuel dilution.

MI/HR on oil:3125
MI/HR on Unit: 15500
Sample date: 08/06/2004

Aluminium:2
Chromium:0
Iron:5
Copper:4
Lead:1
Tin:0
Molybdenum:28
Nickel:0
Manganese:0
Silver:0
Titanium:0
Potassium:0
Boron:31
Silicon:20
Calcium:1811
Magnesium:329
Phosphorus:786
Zinc:871
Barium:0

sus viscosiat @210F : 67.3
Flashpoint:380
Fuel: 0.5
Anitfreeze:0
Water:0
Insolubles:0.3

Seems like the level of silicon is high at 20. could it be that the engine is still young? using stock paper filter. TBN=4.0 also doesn't seem that great only after 3000miles. I use this oil as it is one of the cheaper oils here in Singapore. Usually stick to 3000mile changes so maybe TBN won't be an issue. Wonder if it will be safe to go for 5000mile changes?

Thanks guys.

welcome.gif

Good looking wear numbers. Unlikely to be abrasive silicon with these numbers, engine is still leeching silicone. Nice to see a healthy dose of Mg! Fuel dilution of 0.5 is not really a problem, but your flashpoint looks a bit low, and your oil has sheared to a 30wt. Toyotas run well even with 20wts so no worries. Even though TBN is 4, you could continue using it, but not for much longer.

BTW, how do you collect your oil sample?

[ August 17, 2004, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: Ken4 ]

quote:

Originally posted by mkl22:
Hi all

Here are my results from Blackstone.Comments please. Was supposed to include terry's comments too. somehow it didn't appear.

Terry's interpretation will usually arrive shortly after you see the report yourself. I believe they send the report to each of you at the same time, this way you don't have to wait to get your numbers, then Terry interprets the results and sends them within a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back