Marlin XT-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a Marlin XT-22 in .22LR the other day and like the way it shoots, but the QC seems to be terrible on these. I exchanged the first one because it was missing the trigger adjustment screw and locknut...no they will not just send you the parts.

The second one the guy brought out had an improperly installed sling swivel that had started a small crack in the stock.

The third one was OK, but the first and third (only ones I shot) had random extraction problems. I de-burred the extractor a little with a jeweler's file, and I think that fixed it. The sights were also off. I expected an approximate factory sight-in, but I had to really work the rear sight left to get on target.

I like the way it feels, and the price was low, but I expect better from Marlin.

That's a shame to hear. Seems like nobody makes a quality field/plinking grade gun anymore, or at least not one that doesn't require some pretty significant hand fitting after purchase.

The quality of lower price-end guns is worse than ever I think.
My wife bought me a Henry Golden Boy a few years ago, and it is perfect. I, in turn bought her the youth model blued, Henry the next year and it has also been excellent, even though it was a fairly low price rifle.
From my experience, I recommend Henry or older, used name brands unless you buy high end. $$$.

I just wanted to give a head's up on the XT-22. I hope they fix the problems, as it is a pretty new model. No excuse though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back