"PRONTO" Oil Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took my wife's 01 Escape with 130k to the dealer where we bought it for spark plugs and tranny service. They changed the oil even though I told them not to. They didn't charge for it. When I changed the oil today at 134k the filter that they had used was a "PRONTO" brand filter made in Korea, rather than the Motorcraft 820S that they should use. It looked cheap and I could tell it didn't have the silicon valve. I think I'll find another dealer.

Hummm! Somebody said they are made by Clarcor. I was thinking of looking into them. The Korea mfg could be a deal killer.

I know this an old topic, but I found it when I did a Google search on Pronto filters. I just wanted to comment that RockAuto sells these filters and the one for my Corvette only costs $1.57! I'd never run it, but I'm amazed that there are still oil filters out there selling so cheap! They also sell a Mann oil filter for my car for just $2.21, and the Bosch Premium is $3.61!

They sell the Ultraguard Gold for just $8.35, it's too bad that the shipping charges to get it up here outweigh any savings I'd get on these cheap oil filter deals.

The one Pronto I had for my Subaru was a Korean-made Purolator Classic knockoff. The materials used seemed different but the design was identical.

I was given 2 pronto oil filters for my 62 Buick. It gets less than 1k per year so I'll use them. I don't forsee a problem with using one even for the standard 3k OCI most run.

Didn't someone cut open and post pics of a pronto? I wanna say it looked like the other budget puro clones.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back