Rotella T6 5W-40, 3,200mi, Yamaha V-Star 1300

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first UOA and my first run of Rotella T6 through my bike. I'm pretty satisfied with what I see here. Previous oil was Amsoil 10W-40. I will try to do another UOA after taking this oil to 5,000, both to see how it's holding up and for a more pure analysis.

David

1300UOA1.jpg

That looks great. Them there (heavy duty engine oils)work great in those applications. I'm not very motorcycle savy, but I've read alot of good things about hdeo in bikes. Silly question, does it seem to run smoother with the Rotella then the Amsoil?

For $20 a gallon, the stuff really can't be beat. Works in every application. Glad to see it performed well in your bike.

Originally Posted By: johnnydc
That looks great. Them there (heavy duty engine oils)work great in those applications. I'm not very motorcycle savy, but I've read alot of good things about hdeo in bikes. Silly question, does it seem to run smoother with the Rotella then the Amsoil?

When I put the Amsoil in, it was for a lengthy road trip. Unfortunately, since I was in a new environment everyday, I didn't really pay attention to those particular nuances, I will say, my gas mileage was good and there was nothing in the performance of my bike on the trip that distracted me from the trip. Amsoil is good oil, just not worth the more than double price of the T6, imo.

Back home and back to routine, the T6 seemed to perform very well in my bike in regards to MPG & shifting.

Rotella T6 5-40 synthetic is what I also use in my 2009 Star 1300 Tourer, though I have less than 2,000 miles on it. This oil is almost always sold out at our local Walmart, I actually have to buy some when its on the shelf even if I don't need it immediately. Its also the oil I use in my 2002 Silverado with the 8.1 engine and two older Honda bikes a CX500 and a CX650.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back