Is it true or not...M1 changed it's formula

Status
Not open for further replies.
They changed the packages before and it seems to create a hype that benefits them as a result.

This seems to be the advantage they seek because it works.

If it was improved then that would be the marketing tool to acheive a gain.

What a cheap way to improve on 3 billion an hour in profit?

The PT Barnum style of marketing, because it works.

It is so much fun to work for and be involved with a company that is cutting a big fat hog like this. Ideas and inventions just flow like water.......

I'd like to compare the blood pressure levels of Exxon/Mobil employees to other corporations today. When life is good how do you respond compared to having your back against the wall?

How much capital improvement is Amsoil doing compared to E/M?

Do this analysis yourself Search: ExxonMobil Builds and then enter Amsoil Builds and compare the results?

Mobil 1 sales vs. Amsoil sales in less then 30 owned quick change oil store type chains, Mobil 58% Amsoil 4%

Amsoil yearly revenues are surpassed in profits netted in the first two hours of the start of a fiscal year by Mobil.

Point? Mobil is not Goliath and Amsoil David, Mobil is an army of Godzilla Monsters and Amsoil is Tom Thumbs premature born pet hamsters baby That's how significantly larger the difference is.

Amsoil employs 200 workers. E/M? Over 84,000 world wide.

It's not a big company compared to a small one It's a galaxy compared to Pluto.

No this does not mean one has or makes a better product.

If ExxonMobil feared Amsoil? They could buy them or even influence their demise. Mobil likes Amsoil. The arguments keep them both in view and Amsoil is more of an asset to marketing then a liability as a result.

Every time Amsoil becomes a topic then free advertising is a result for Mobil 1 guaranteed....... and Amsoil is a huge contributer of this free advertsing for Mobil 1 and interestingly enough? Much of it is positive for Mobil 1. Could a company earning 3 biilion in net profit an hour as a competitor make you change or even effect how you go about competing against their product? I swat flies that bother me how about you?

I'm not implying anything other then the what I state; I believe it benefits Mobil 1 products to have Amsoil around for the advertsing generated and the topics that evolve from debates and interest. The positive aspect must outweigh the negative or Amsoil would be smooshed quickly.......

(I personally believe the market is saturated with sucker consumers interested in tweaking the envelopes beyond the limits. Changing the billboard on a bottle of oil helps prove this theory. I use Valvoline VR1 Dino after being amazed and blinded with science involving Mobil 1, Rotella, and others like Amsoil. 10% science and 90% marketing. If Europe can convince intervals to be 10k miles and it works for them why would we change here when everyone is hoodwinked at every 3k miles in general as a rule, that's 3 times more sales and job security to boot. If you get bilked on one thing how many others have you bought? Answer: as much as they can get away with, more sales, more jobs, and the merry-go-around keeps turning because more jobs means more suckers. I'm sorry I meant consumers)

Last edited:
Well now ya see, you may consider me a sucker consumer, but i tried valvoline dino in my last triumph and the difference between that and the M1 i had in it before was like a loss of 3-4 HP. Thats not an exageration, at least in how it felt. So much so that i drained it 4 days later for being very disappointed in the bike's running and put M1 back in and it felt like i just did some sort of mod to it !

Now whether that valvoline is better than M1 at protecting the engine is another thing altogether, but you nor i will truly know that till we use bothoils in identical bikes and tear them down 50k later and have a look. But i think it's pretty safe to say a synthetic isn't likely to protect worse than dino oil. So this sucker is using the oil that gives me very noticeably better power and that can only mean slicker which then means more protection and better MPG. Thats common sense, and while you may be able to argue that, you could only do so with something you read and trusted, not from experience. So i may be a lot of things, but sucker ain't one of them. Theres only so much you can do to know what oil to use, but as long as you use common sense and reserch you cannot be a sucker. Suckers buy based only on what thier told w/o any thought process of thier own.

Originally Posted By: Cujet
Of course you realize that Amzoil and Redline get base stocks from Mobil, don't you?

Get your facts straight. Amsoil has more than one supplier so they never get bent over a barrel. And yup mobil changed the formula to make an extra buck. I don't know how you feel about a company ripping you off but I don't like it. I will never support mobil. They are like the American government. They stand there,lie straight to your face with a smile,while they empty your wallet. Mobil changed the formula without changing the price,then started a whole new line called EP which is the same as you used to get from mobil 1 only now it costs more. And to the poster who commented that mobil starts with group 4 um wrong. Only the EP line. Why don't you just buy a real synth like amsoil and call it a day. Forget mobil. They sure do have a great ad campaign though and I guess it you saw it on tv it must be true

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Last I checked any OwXX oil has to be a true synthetic,

Check again.
smile.gif

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1914760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back