Regane vs. Regane High Mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't tell you the difference, though the HM says it does one thing different on bottle than the reg. Regane.

Funny thing is, checking at Wally yesterday, the HM is $.50 less than the reg. Regane.
21.gif

According to Regane's Techline, the HM version is the most potent formulation from their product line. Here was the e-mail exchange that took place.

Quote:
Dear ,

The Gumout Regane High Mileage is slightly more potent. The Gumout
All in One is slightly better than the Regane High Mileage with
regard to absorbing fuel system moisture.

Best Regards,
Technical Service -RM

On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 06:18:35 -0700 you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Thanks for the reply. I see that the Gumout Regane has both a normal
version
>and a High Mileage Version. Which one is more potent?
>
>Also, will the All-In-One perform better than the Regane, or should
their
>performance be equal?
>
>Thanks!

I bought a bottle of Regane (yellow bottle) and also a bottle of the High Mileage version (orange bottle) today at Big Lots. These are the older style bottle, NOT the 2x concentrated ones.

The High Mileage version is much, much more "syrupy" than the regular Regane.

Big Lots had them on sale for $3 for the regular Regane (old bottle). I bought all they had (6). They wanted $4 for the High Mileage, but I couldn't figure out why.

Supposedly, the HM version has more PEA. It is definitely thicker than the plain-jane Regane. Maybe less kerosene carrier?

The "high mileage" one might also have some oil in it as a UCL. Many so called "high mileage" formulations do, including ones from Gumout.

Gumout advertises their "All in One" product as a cleaner/UCL, but make no mention of lubrication properties in the HM product.

Well according to the tech support quote from the Critic the Regane HM is stronger than regular Regane, and the All in One is better for fuel system moisture. 3 different products, the one thing I noticed was that the All in One says it can treat up to 35 gallons vs. both versions of Regane are only for 21 gallons.

Last edited:
Thanks ARCOgraphite

I filled up with 3 oz Regane in 10 gal fuel yesterday. This mornings drive to work was an unexpected surprise. The engine ran noticeably better. I double checked and yes the air conditioning was on. Combustion chamber and valves will be clean by Wed afternoon when I finish this tank. Today I think the Regane gives fuel more power.

I saved the little bottle. After reading this thread I think I will buy the All in One and use the little bottle to add about 1 1/2 oz at every fill up.

Last edited:
Was that from the small bottle? 3 oz would be the half of the bottle. 3 oz / 10 gal would be considered full strength. Has anybody done the whole bottle in 10 gal i.e. dual strength?

1.5 oz per full up as regular dosage sounds pretty potent though.

- Vikas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back