Anyone using Liqui Moly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here using Liqui Moly in their machine? I have a '03 BMW K1200GT motorcycle and they make a Racing Synth 4T 10W-50 that looks like the perfect match for my climate. I had been using Rotella T6 5W-40 but the Liqui Moly is JASO MA-2 rated and specific to motorcycles. Unlike the so called "full synthetic" oils here in the US, this German oil is a true synthetic with 100% synthetic base oils. The OCI is 10K kilometers, or about 6,200 miles. 5 liters is about $50, pricey but given the OCI it seems like a good deal.

Your BMW has a dry clutch, no need for MA ratings at all.
Mobil 1 15w50 or Valvoline VR-1 will do very nicely, and is way less expensive. For the $50 you mention, thats 10 quarts of M1, or 12 of VR-1. A 4,000 mile OCI (maybe more) would be reasonable on either oil in that motor.

Last edited:
Oh yes, I was aware of the dry clutch. Where are you seeing the M1 15w-50 for that price? I see 6 quarts of the M1 on Amazon for $51. As for being a "full synthetic," what is the base stock on the M1 oil?

Originally Posted By: FusionGuy37
Where are you seeing the M1 15w-50 for that price?

M1 frequently goes on sale for about $5/qt at many local retailers.

they are re-releasing it according to the M1 FAQ. Till then, look for Autozone 5qt+ filter specials. It's pretty cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back