2007 Nissan Altima coolant spec

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom got this car at 56k. At around 65k I did a drain and fill using Prestone all makes ,and models pre mixed.

I plan on doing another drain and fill soon to get a higher ratio of the prestone in there.

Is this a acceptable coolant for this aplication?
Thanks.

It is probably fine since you are flushing, the problem I have with Prestone "all makes" is there are so many coolants out there and some react so differently. I would urge you to use OEM coolant, I know it is more expensive in the short run but you can go much farther between flushes and you are using the right stuff spec'd for the vehicle. The OEM stuff is top notch.

Done with my rant;)

Originally Posted By: Anthony
.............Is this a acceptable coolant for this aplication?
Thanks.

Prestone will say yes, Nissan will say no.

I thought about this too when I changed the coolant in my wife's FX. A gallon of premix is $20 at the dealer (makes two gallons when mixed with water). So at $10 a gallon it's the same price as many store brands.

I'd suggest going with OEM since it's not really all that more expensive and you won't encounter any mixing problems.

The new Nissan coolant (blue in color) is "premixed", meaning it already has the water in it. Do NOT add water.
I would say the Nissan coolant is a better product than the Prestone all makes for your application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back