Mobil 1 high mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody using mobil 1 high mileage? Have 111000 on silverado which is starting to use some oil. Thought I'd try this stuff.

I just put some 10W-40 SN in about 350 miles ago to hopefully slow a small rear main seal leak. Not sure if it's had any affect yet. I know BobFout is getting a VOA done of 10W-40 so that will be posted soon.

My lawnmower and edger love it.

But I too have been thinking about switching over to it. Maxlife seems to have fixed a leak in my Taurus. If I can get something more suitable for an extended drain in there I will use it.

Thanks for the feedback. Think I'll try it and see how I like it. Prolly try the 10-30 flavor.

I switched over a 4cyl Camry at approx 130k. First two OCI's were real dirty, changed at 5k. Use of extended range filters really helped with all the sludge that breaks free. During the second OCI oil consumption went down dramatically. At 165k now, can go 10k, stays fairly clean. Probably should do a UOA to verify 10k's ok for this car, but so far so good. Using recommended weight, burns 1/2 qt every 5k, was 1 quart every 3k on dino.

The high mileage oils are awesome with higher HTHS numbers and higher ZDDP levels. It's hard to find a better oi.

Don't forget the seal conditioners contained in these oils too.

I`ve been using it since the beginning of the year and it`s probably the smoothest running oil I`ve ever used. I`d recommend it 100%. If you need zddp,it has 1000ppm. I`d wondered if the SN still has the same zddp level,so I emailed Mobil and they said it does and it`s perfect for flat tappet engines (those here who have them). My friend also runs it in his 300ZX twin turbo,except he uses the 10W30 weight.

Last edited:
That makes sense, thanks. I could not figure out why on earth they'd jump a HM oil to SN, especially 10w40, and leave the others alone.

I'm on round two with M1 HM 10W30 on my S10. Truck seems to like it, and oil seems to be getting rave reviews. I'm sticking with it.

I`m bummed about Mobil watering it down :^( Zddp used to be 1100. I`ll probably give the SN jug I have to my gf for her Olds and I`ll use my Havoline on my next oci. I wanna find some Formula Shell too.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: BobFout
Zn and P are HIGHER now than previously. (100 ppm higher per)

Old: 900 ppm P, 1000 ppm Zn
New: 1000 ppm P, 1100 ppm Zn

http://www.mobil.com/usa-english/motoroil/files/mobil_1_product_guide.pdf

Oh wow! Thanks Bob! Looks like my gf`s not getting my M1 HM after all :^P Is it possible that Blackstone got the voa values on the zddp wrong? M1 HM has alot of moly too,doesn`t it?

UOA/VOA are not exact. Or I got a bottle during the transition period
21.gif

I think it throws people off seeing the 10w40 SL formula skipping over SM and going right to SN. The 40wts are allowed higher limits than 20 and 30wts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back