Tire Air Gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got hold of a local tire industry supplier, and I can get myself the PCL TPG4H01 professional truck & bus tire gauge today. Does 10 psi to 120 psi, so it handles my need to measure 65 psi, and is guaranteed to be accurate within +/- 1 psi. Exceeds a California 2 psi standard, and has UK approval [censored] EN 12645:1999, which relates to accuracy of the gauge.

He's stopping at a nearby garage around lunch time, and I'll pick it up from him for about $19. Only place I can find it locally, and the cheapest model of a certified accurate gauge. The likes of the Longacre ones are pricy.

I have the same gauge. You don't need to turn it off and on to check each tire. Just leave it on. I like it because it's more accurate than a pencil style gauge.

Remember to check your tires cold and go by the manufacturer's recommended tire pressure.

I check my tires early in the morning before the sun shines on them. The sun can make raise the pressure 3 degrees and give you a false reading.

I keep 30 PSI in my tires and rotate them every 6,000 miles. They are Michelin Destiny P205/70/R15.

I dropped my harbor freight pistol grip inflator with round,dial indicator, and bleeder button on grip a few weeks back, i think i paid $12 for it. Harbor didnt have another in stock when i went to return it.. after pricing at several autoparts stores i went to wallmart. Spent $15 dollars for another pistol grip inflator with dial indicator on top.. all the same features, it even looks similiar to my old one. i used my pencil preasure guage for a comparison on accuracy.. it was pretty close.. if your looking for a inexpensive inflator/guage to hook up and use with your air compressor.. im happy with this one.. its worth $15 bucks, and i use it all the time.

I don't trust any of the "built-in" gauges on the inflators. Even if its accurate today, it may not be tomorrow as I drag the inflators around on pavement and dirt. The Craftsman digital gauge that I trust gets pampered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back