Alternatives to PB Blaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
PB Blaster works ok, and I have a friend who wouldn't be without it. I like it, but I am always looking for alternatives... I've also had State Pen, that was good too.

Alternatives I can buy locally and easily

Justice Bros JB80
SeaFoam DeepCreep

Those I know I can get. I know Kroil is popular, but I'm hoping not to mail order. I go through 1-2 spray cans a year.. since I anti-seize many of my bolts when assembling.

What ideas are out there. Anything that will one-up PB?

I know folks here blow it off but the latest Liquid Wrench is excellent, a recent test found it was one of the top performers.
Certainly is a reasonably priced offering too.

liquid wrench and deep creep are my 2nd choices..

I have a few sample cans of Freeze Off, but haven't had anything to try it out on yet..

i used a fair bit of freeze-off this week and was impressed with it. it out-performed liquid wrench pretty easily

Just for loosening stuck bolts, I'll use a bit of MMO....let it penetrate a bit, then try loosening again.

That's not aerosol though, so it's hard to put it in hard to reach spots....

Really can't beat the PB
smile.gif

It's crazy, went to their site, they got a whole line of auto chemicals even....even saw a PB Fuel additive, BUT never seen it in any stores lol.

+1 for the Liquid Wrench L404! It creeps, penetrates, and has the Cerflon technology. My new favorite go to lube.

I have been quite impressed with the freeze off myself. Does not look like it would be a good lubricant but for breaking things loose it works well.

I use PB Blaster. I had a can of something at one point that worked incredibly - and smelled like bubble gum, but I don't remember what it was.

The company sent me a case of PB Blaster for free when I pointed out an error in their product label. So a lifetime supply for me. But I did buy some of the freeze off stuff to try. But have not yet.

I did buy some of their garage door PB Blaster lubricant and it worked well.

Originally Posted By: Donald
The company sent me a case of PB Blaster for free when I pointed out an error in their product label. So a lifetime supply for me. But I did buy some of the freeze off stuff to try. But have not yet.

I did buy some of their garage door PB Blaster lubricant and it worked well.

Sorry to say, but the propellant will probably disappear before you have a chance to use it. I was given a can of PB blaster and it lasted me a year before it quit spewing. There was still half left, but I don't know how old it was when it was given to me.

I guess we could hacksaw it open and find a suitable spray bottle for it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back